Info Blue skin for DDO
by Backley ([email protected]
version 1.8, released 09-Nov-2011
- DDO.com Revised (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info341-DDO.comRevised.html) by TiranBlade
- ddolite (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info170-ddolite.html) by cyriana
- Cheat Sheet (http://ddosource.com/adventuring/cheat-sheet/) by Walt Snider
- Cosmos (http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info359-Cosmos.html) by FeralKittie
Known bugs (that Turbine would have to fix, nothing I can do about these myself):
1. Clear XP bar doesn't update correctly sometimes, particularaly when you level-up. Use Alt+Z twice to hide and un-hide the UI to update the XP bar correctly.
2. Lots of the headers on the windows are sized wrong and/or positioned wrong, and some of the window borders are cut off.
3. The notes page via map->zoomout->stormreach sometimes gets rotated. Use M to close it and then open again. Please report this to Turbine if you can tell when this happens.
1. Minimal UI so I can see the action better.
2. As much information from the UI as possible.
3. Lose the gaudy gold/bronze as much as possible.
Under your My Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online folder (where your Ctrl+P screenshots are saved), create a ui folder, then a skins folder under that. Then unzip Info Blue 1.7.zip into that folder.
You should end up with:
My Documents/Dungeons and Dragons Online/ui/skins/Info Blue/
with 870+ images in it. Restart DDO and pick the new skin from the bottom of the UI Settings tab in the Options window (Ctrl+O). Use Alt+Z twice to hide and un-hide the UI to get the transparent sections to display correctly (instead of showing the left-over parts from the skin you had selected before this one).
How to remove the keybinds for the DDO Store and MyDDO windows:
1. Open Options, Key Mapping.
2. Note 2 keys that you are using. I used W ("Move Forward") and S ("Move Backwards").
3. Set "DDO Store" to both of those keys: Click "DDO Store" in the Panels section, press W, click "DDO Store" again, press S.
4. Set "MyDDO Browser" to both of those keys: Click "MyDDO Browser" in the Panels section, press W, click "DDO Store" again, press S.
5. Set those 2 buttons back where they belong: Click "Move Forward" and press W, click "Move Backwards" and press S.
6. Close the Options window. Close the game. Backup your My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online\ddo.keymap file in case this ever stops working.
7. (optional) Repeat for any other default settings you want to remove.
FYI, this is what that does in my ddo.keymap file (don't know if you can just edit that directly for the same effect):
WEBSTORE_SHORTCUT_KEY [ Old [ 0 DIK_S ] 0x00000002 ]
MYDDO_SHORTCUT_KEY [ Old [ 0 DIK_M ] 0x00000002 ]
DoNothing [ User [ 0 DIK_S ] 0x00000002 ]
DoNothing [ User [ 0 DIK_M ] 0x00000002 ]
1.0 19-Aug-2010 Initial release
1.1 06-Sep-2010 updated party, target, and self bars for higher contrast; map avatar arrow more visible; fixed bottom 2 corners on Quest Log/Wilderness Log
1.2 17-Sep-2010 added 5% lines add adjusted lines on party, target, and self bars; new blue lines indicate when hp is less than 50%, 25%, and 10% (for upcoming Half-Orc STR bonus); map avatar arrow even more visible; copied updated chat box borders from ddo.com Revised v. 3.0; added notes page via map->zoomout->stormreach; added crafting notes on eldritchDevice; version removed from skin name, so I don't have to reset the skin on all my characters when the version changes
1.21 02-Oct-2010 fixed notes page with correct Dreaming Dark disc locations.
1.3 21-Oct-2010 update 7 window treatments added and modified; tome pages, shield pieces, and sigil pieces are numbered; added more creatures to the info page; minimap now has labeled compass points and lines
1.4 13-Nov-2010 many blue images from the Cosmos 2.0 skin (with permission); updated hud bar icons with labels; many transparent backgrounds; slightly slimmer focus orb box; updated inventory and bank bag icons
1.5 16-May-2011 added encumbrance indicators on the inventory screen's Load bar; updated info page with more monster types
1.6 12-Jun-2011 modified notes.tga with DR types, added gui2_tab_vertical_small_normal.tga and gui2_tab_vertical_small_highlight.tga back in (not sure why they went missing in 1.4)
1.7 12-Sep-2011 modified notes.tga with most alignments, made icon_selected_overlay.tga more distinct, added new versions of the party and player bars.
1.8 09-Nov-2011 modified notes.tga with more alignments (still needs work), updated party ui bars for U11, added non-portrait versions of player vitals bars now that those are skinnable, updated minimap (Turbine almost fixed it! Now only 2 pixels off-center instead of 6!)