Update 29.5 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 29, released on Monday, April 19th.
Of Special Note:
The Further Adventures of Bilbo Baggins
One of the most famous of all the hobbits has gone missing, and it seems Bilbo's adventuring days are not yet behind him! Speak to Celeblír in Rivendell, not far from the Last Homely House, to begin 'The Further Adventures of Bilbo Baggins,' the first of our new story-based Missions quests available starting at level 20 through 130! The Further Adventures of Bilbo Baggins is FREE to VIPs and available in the LOTRO Store. ALSO, for a limited time, all players can get The Further Adventures of Bilbo Baggins for FREE: More information arrives Monday, April 19th, 2021.
Completing all ten missions will complete a Deed that awards a title, virtue xp, and Tokens of Further Adventure, which can be bartered for level-appropriate rings, cosmetic items, and housing decorations! Tokens of Further Adventure will also be acquired by running the Further Adventures missions. Tokens are Bound to Account and go into your Barter Wallet. There is a cap of 500 Tokens of Further Adventure.
Legendary Worlds - The Wastes
The Legendary Worlds of Anor and Ithil are being updated level cap 105. Areas up to the Black Gates of Mordor will be accessible, including the Battle of Pelennor Fields, the March of the King through North Ithilien and the Wastes, and the Battle of the Black Gate. Legendary Worlds are exclusive to VIPs, and you can learn more at LOTRO.com/Legendary.
Thanks to you we are celebrating our 14th Anniversary this month! From April 21st, 2021 through May 11th, 2021, players can celebrate 14 years of LOTRO with the Anniversary Festival, milestone rewards based on how long you have been playing the game, and more! Among the new rewards in the Anniversary Festival are cosmetic torches that can be wielded by your characters! The 2021 anniversary yearly gift will be awarded to your account upon first logging into a character between April 21st, 2021 and March 30th, 2022. Thank you for your continued support of The Lord of the Rings Online.
News and Notes:
- An issue with gloss properties for many housing floor textures has been resolved.
- Simple Carrying Torches consumable items can now be bartered for Steel Tokens at any Keeper of Gifts vendor.
- The Facepaint stencil consumable items available from Hobnanigans and the Buried Treasure Event now trigger a Consume Consumables deed on use. These stencil items now have a 20 second cooldown between uses as well.
- The Host of the West Quartermasters now offer housing music boxes 'The Wastes' Themes and 'The Wastes Epic' Themes.
- Fixed some naming inconsistencies between items, skill, and cosmetic pet names for the Red Gecko, Two-toned Sheep, Ashen Eagle, Toffee Goat Kid, and Mottled Craban.
Quests and Adventure Areas
- The Curator has returned and is available through May 2nd, 2021.
- Woe of the Willow - Increased Gulmúk Dampmould's skill cooldowns.
- Removed misplaced door in Trestlebridge.
- Removed stuck locations in Naruhel the Red-maid instance.
- Fixed render issues in Dol Guldur.
- Floating resources in Lonelands have been grounded.
- Hall of Memories dungeon and wallpaper/floor have been updated to support Per Pixel Attenuated Lighting.
- Adjusted entrance to second boss of Shakalush to better support encounter reset mechanics.
- The legacy game client once again runs on Windows XP.
- Resolved an issue in the French client where mail replies would not send with the error "Le nom spécifié contient des caractères interdits. (StringCensored)"
- Occasionally, a door in The Further Adventures of Bilbo Baggins, Chapter 9, will remain unusable. This can be fixed by running back to the start of the tunnel and then running back to the door, which should become interactable at that point.
- An issue was corrected in our last patch related to the quest Retribution of the Trees that prevented quest completion. This issue has been resolved for new encounters as of the last patch, but players whose characters were impacted by this bug will need to contact Customer Support in-game.