lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 10-21-2011, 04:32 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

how do you post an addon for a plugin

I will develop here more my question:

I made an UI and to fit in that UI i adapted the skins of some plugins to fit in it (Travel, Bevy, Songbook and Lotropad)

The files i modified are file coding color like
Code:
self.listBg:SetBackColor(Turbine.UI.Color(0.5,0.2,0.2,0.2));
or TGA in the resources folder.
I never changed any other code

Before i continue, let me tell you that i have the agreement of the authors to post the skins i made as an addon for their plugins, so all is great BUT

I am facing now the way to post those

Do i have to include all the whole package plugins to create this addon skin OR is there any other way to do?

What is the best to do ?
Unread 10-22-2011, 12:37 AM
The Undying

It may be that we have to include some hooks so that it can be loaded as a module. Alternatively it would mean releasing the entire file.

EDIT:

If you send me a list of changes I will see if I can find a way of making this easier for people to do in the future.

EDIT EDIT:

Changes to Bevy, that is - I ain't messin' about with nobodies else's plugin! *grin*

Last edited by MrJackdaw : 10-22-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Unread 10-22-2011, 03:18 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackdaw
It may be that we have to include some hooks so that it can be loaded as a module. Alternatively it would mean releasing the entire file.

EDIT:

If you send me a list of changes I will see if I can find a way of making this easier for people to do in the future.

EDIT EDIT:

Changes to Bevy, that is - I ain't messin' about with nobodies else's plugin! *grin*
THank you, i send you a message with the informations
Unread 10-22-2011, 11:43 AM
The Undying

excuse my silly question but is there anything that can be done via LUA like the css we use in html, that would allow the skinning ?
Unread 10-22-2011, 12:47 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eili
excuse my silly question but is there anything that can be done via LUA like the css we use in html, that would allow the skinning ?
Not really a silly question. Unfortunately, there is very little native support for skinning in the Lua interface system. If a plugin uses the Turbine.UI.Lotro interface objects (as opposed to the more generic Turbine.UI interface elements) they will usually inherit any of the skinner's backgrounds as long as the Lua developer doesn't assign a custom background image or background color. The same is mostly true for the built in resource images - if used as a background image, they will get replaced by the images defined in the skin (mostly - I've found a few that don't seem to work but they may just be old deprecated images that have newer versions that I haven't found yet). Any original artwork that the plugin uses or any classes that are not from Turbine.UI.Lotro will not support skinning. There isn't any skinning support for colors or fonts in Lua either.
Unread 10-22-2011, 03:38 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
Not really a silly question. Unfortunately, there is very little native support for skinning in the Lua interface system. If a plugin uses the Turbine.UI.Lotro interface objects (as opposed to the more generic Turbine.UI interface elements) they will usually inherit any of the skinner's backgrounds as long as the Lua developer doesn't assign a custom background image or background color. The same is mostly true for the built in resource images - if used as a background image, they will get replaced by the images defined in the skin (mostly - I've found a few that don't seem to work but they may just be old deprecated images that have newer versions that I haven't found yet). Any original artwork that the plugin uses or any classes that are not from Turbine.UI.Lotro will not support skinning. There isn't any skinning support for colors or fonts in Lua either.
THank you, i understand more now.

------------
Ok so concerning the little stuff i did on the respective plugins named above, i am not at all attached to keep a name of Isil on those. I just made it for fun, and i used your own work.

So if you want to include a way to skin your plugins with the modifications i made, i can send you the files modified so you coudl add a skin folder ?

But i dont want at the end to give anyone more trouble with that. I did that for me at start, i am not either sur that some could be interested in having it.

So if this is easy then ask me the files and see by yourself and if not ... dont bother please ))
Unread 10-25-2011, 11:43 AM
The Undying

Well lucky me ! husband is working on a tool he is creating for me for that purpose.

So until he is done and we test it, i will wait for the release of Travel.