lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > Site Forums > Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions

Unread 02-16-2016, 01:34 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

No way to change interface Category

It would be nice if there was some way for authors to change the Interface Category for their interfaces. Particularly since the Lua API for Lotro hasn't been updated in a very long time (and based on comments by Turbine's Executive Producer isn't likely to ever be updated again), many plugins have automatically been re-categorized as "outdated". Even after editing/updating these interfaces they continue to be categorized as "outdated" making it appear to users that they are no longer functional or unsupported. Unless I've missed it, there doesn't seem to be any way to update an interface to get it back into the correct category so that users who are searching for plugins will find them.
Unread 02-16-2016, 11:55 AM
Lord Dolby of Veeshan
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Hi Garan,

I'm sorry we missed moving your AddOn when you updated. We normally catch this when the AddOn is in the moderation queue. I have gone and moved LoTRO Alerts to the 'other' category. I don't remember if that is where it was at in the past so if you'd like it in another category just let me know.

If there are other ones you'd like moved just list their names and the category you'd like them in here. I think the others got moved based on date and you're right its been a long time since the lua api was updated so really old addons should still work.

Sorry for the trouble.
Unread 02-16-2016, 06:13 PM
The Undying

Thanks Dolby. Hopefully at some point you can make it possible for authors to change the interface category without adding additional work for the mods.