lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Unread 12-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Banned

Wtf!!?

I have tried to download a few newly updated UI's and they are all infected with the same virii. It seems someone has just packaged the original .zips and turned them into infected .exe's. This needs to be addressed ASAP and everyone that has downloaded them needs to know! This is horrible!
Unread 12-02-2007, 06:46 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

UI that are infected is in the complete sets UI section from Jappme to K'ramel so far 12 Ui are infeccted with Winrar.exe it has a hidden program ie.exe 13kb.
Scan the files before you unrar the file at.

http://www.virustotal.com/

Who ever is doing this is POS infecting the UI.So far the Compilations sections are not infected.
Unread 12-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Banned

http://virusscan.jotti.org/

Is another good site to use. This really needs to be addressed, and I wonder how many people are infected and don't even know.
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:51 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

I just downloaded K'Ramel Metal 2.00 and there was no infected files, nor any sort of .exe files at all.

You guys might be infected from another source. Have you downloaded anything from any other sites that are giving you virus alerts?
Unread 12-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Banned

A lot of them have been fixed, thanks. However I would like to know what happened and how long these infected .exe's were on here. Kind of discouraging knowing this kind of thing can happen so easily, and I am afraid for the computer illiterate that don't know any better that use this site.

Aalwein, the infected files were/are repacked zipped files with only the one file name as an .exe, no other files.
Unread 12-02-2007, 01:35 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

We're looking into it guys. As soon as we have something definitive to give you, we'll let you know.

In future, though, please don't just post a thread. Send us an email via the contact us or report options. That'll help make sure we are aware of a problem as quickly as possible, so we can get it dealt with.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group