lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 03-11-2013, 12:19 PM
The Undying

Was data.lotro.com updated?

This is an interesting question following the "Maintenance Marathon." There have been no announcements on the subject of any sort that I have seen.

I didn't notice it until after U10, so I can't say WHEN this happened, but all of my toons now show their actual equipped gear. It is mostly all Great River items, with random drops from Rohan as they are now in their mid 80s.

Previously (as in, "the last time I looked") at the Character Sheets at my.lotro.com many of the items were "grey generics."

So a quick check at data.lotro.com revealed that yes, indeed on two of my toons their last query was missing a number of armour items... now they are all present and accounted for! (I keep copies of the data pulls.)
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

Unread 03-20-2013, 04:26 PM
The Wary

My experience is that they obviously update the database from time to time, but never completely, so many items remain unavailable.

I can not deduce how they do it, it seems that they copy some items from the "real" game database that contains all items available inside the game to the data.lotro.com-API-database or something like this.
Or perhaps when they design new items for the game (e. g. that level 76-85 stuff recently) the save-process tries to insert into both databases but fails on the data.lotro.com-API-database for some reason.

Finally I can say that there are many items missing in (nearly) every level-range, it seems that the covering of lower-level-items is greater than higher-level-items (66 and above), but this may be just an impression of myself.

It also seems that my.lotro.com now uses another method to load the images. I tried with my main-char, a captain who has an "Intricately Wrought Riddermark Standard of Hope", the corresponding image (but without information) is now displayed in my.lotro.com.
If I access that over the data.lotro.com-API, I just get the name of the item in the character-query, if I try to load the item over the id with an item-query to get the image and additional information, I still get "Unable to retrieve item data" from the data.lotro.com-server.

Last edited by Gorothir : 03-20-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Unread 03-20-2013, 10:10 PM
The Undying

Very impressive site, Gorothir!

I have a theory about data.lotro.com ... I believe that it is updated on a periodic basis by a "simple" extract and import script that runs against the primary LOTRO database.

That being the case, there are a large number of explanations about why, following the RoI update, "nothing" was updated. It took a while before any of the items were showing up, but if I remember correctly, when you look at the actual errors being returned they show up as 500 failures -- which are permission failures, "not found" errors. So I theorize that however the update following RoI was run, that it failed and needed to be re-run. Either that run or the re-run were run by "someone else," and the errors which were introduced as a result of one or more bad runs are at the root of the problem. One possibility -- the update was run as User X instead of User Y.

Sadly this does nothing to solve our problem. If I am correct, the permissions on some portion of the database have gotten changed, but unless one looks at the database from the API viewpoint, everything works as expected. Especially if the diagnostic efforts are run as an administrator.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"