Lua in Isengard overview - beta release notes
Lua in Isengard overview
Please Note: These release notes should be considered a work in progress. They are incomplete and are subject to change at any time. Updated release notes will be posted with each beta build. Until the final, live, release notes are released with the launch of Rise of Isengard, all changes and updates are subject to change.
RELEASE NOTES ARE COVERED UNDER YOUR NDA. VIOLATIONS OF THE NDA ARE CAUSE FOR YOUR IMMEDIATE REMOVAL FROM ALL BETA PROGRAMS CURRENT AND FUTURE AND POSSIBLE ACTION AGAINST YOUR LIVE GAME ACCOUNT.
Howdy, folks. Below is a brief "patch-notey" overview for the most significant updates to the Lua API included with the Rise of Isengard release. For more detailed information on using the API additions/updates, you should reference the Isengard Lua documentation (this update will be posted soon). If you encounter any issues with or have questions about the following changes, please let us know.
* Lua Party API (aka – fellowship/group vitals): You can now access information for your fellowship/group members in order to duplicate/customize the current fellowship vitals UI. This is in a “Beta” phase but exposes enough functionality that we wanted to allow it to ship as is for the time being. This allows you to have access to the same level of vitals information that you can currently access with the Local Player and does NOT include information on the pets of your fellows or raid functionality.
* Lua Equipment API: You can now access information on what YOU have equipped. You will be able to find out what item you have equipped in which slot. !!THIS DOES NOT GIVE YOU ACCESS TO EQUIPMENT INFO FOR OTHER PLAYERS!!
* Lua Chat API: You now have the ability to handle receiving chat messages in Lua. This is coupled with the Lua Chat Type enumeration that defines the type of messages you can monitor for/react to in Lua. Sending messages of any kind is not enabled at this time: only monitoring text that is sent to you is enabled.
* Updated player attributes to include the new Isengard attributes: Finesse, Base Critical Hit Avoidance, Base Critical Hit Chance, Physical Mitigation, and Tactical Mitigation.
Functionality for monitoring the new temporary morale and power values has been added to the Lua Actor class (the base class for players).
* New Lua Entity function called “RegisterForClickHandling ” which can be used for making a vitals window for either a Party Member or Local Player handle click-selection and the right-click menu just like the normal un-modified UI.
Current known issues:
* With the updates to minstrel playing style, the current minstrel class API functions of “IsSerenadeTierXAvailable ” are no longer viable. We will address this with a future update.
* There is currently no way to make a Lua fellowship/group vitals plugin hide the existing in-game fellowship vitals. While skinning can be used to simulate this, the ability for plugins to do this on their own will be implemented at a later date when the full suite of fellowship functionality is complete (i.e.- raid and party member pet vitals).
* The right-click menu for the local player is equivalent to the right-click menu that appears when you target yourself instead of when you just right-click your own vitals. In a future update, the menu will be made globally consistent.
* Monster players do not currently have the same amount of stats access via Lua that free people players have. This will be addressed in a future update.
PS - for those of you that use the old skinning functionality: I have the updated skinning files ready to go and just need to get them packaged/uploaded.
Last edited by Narrel; Aug 15 2011 at 05:19 PM.
Note: I wil update when/If any further beta Release notes contain Lua information
Bill Magill Mac Player
Val - Man Minstrel (105)
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (115)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)
Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)
"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"