lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 10-18-2023, 04:42 AM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Need Help founding out hexadecimal number

Hello,

The new mariner is just available and i will need someone's help

to found out

the hexadecimal code for the

Mariner class icon
Mariner Male icon
Mariner Female icon

the hexadecimal code is something like this

exemple : for the hobbit male it is : 0x4110894A

thank you very much for you help

play well

Homeo
Unread 10-18-2023, 10:39 AM
The Undying

Mariner is a class, not a race, so I would not expect to find male/female icons.

The class icon comes in several sizes. Here's the ones I spotted at a glance:

20x20 0x4122f875
25x25 0x4122f877
48x48 0x4122f85f
50x50 0x4122f86f

there are 2 of them that are 32x32 for some reason:
32x32 0x4122f860
32x32 0x4122f865

There's also an oddly colored background version that is 26x24, 0x4122f86c, not sure what that goes with.

If there's another specific size you are looking for, let me know the image size and I'll take another look.

Last edited by Garan : 10-18-2023 at 10:50 AM.
Unread 10-19-2023, 06:13 PM
The Indomitable

Thanks Garan! Any chance that you can briefly described how you got those HEX codes? I would like to learn how to fish.
I'm sorry Dave, a traffic cam has recorded your jay walking violation and I am instructed by the police to immobilize you until they arrive.
Unread 10-19-2023, 07:00 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjpc
Thanks Garan! Any chance that you can briefly described how you got those HEX codes? I would like to learn how to fish.
I use a plugin that I wrote, itemExplorer, to scan all of the possible item and skill IDs starting at 0x70000000. To scan an ID, just use pcall to try setting the data of a shortcut with type=skill (or type=item) to each ID and see if it creates a valid shortcut. If it does, add it to the list of known skills (or items) and repeat. I do the scan in an update event handler so that I can scan a set number, iirc I use 1000, on each call to the update without locking up the client. I also refresh the display with the last skill actually found and the last id checked so that I will be able to tell when it is just rapidly passing through ids without finding any valid skills. The primary purpose was to scan item IDs so that I can know what all of the valid items are but scanning skills became a useful feature. It's actually very similar to the concept used for IRV to scan for images, it just tracks a lot less info about the items/skills it finds.

I'm pretty sure someone else published something similar a while back. I'm not sure if it does items and skills or just one or the other, but the process is nearly identical, there's just a bit more info available from the item shortcuts if it creates a valid shortcut.
Unread 10-22-2023, 10:45 AM
The Undying

The scanner in Item Treasury scans both items and skills to get you the code.
Unread 10-22-2023, 12:24 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galuhad
The scanner in Item Treasury scans both items and skills to get you the code.
It does not give you asset IDs for images though, IIRC. And that is what was asked I believe?

I realized now that I used AssetBrowser to find out asset IDs in the past: https://www.lotrointerface.com/downl...etBrowser.html

Last edited by Hyoss : 10-22-2023 at 12:35 PM.
Unread 10-23-2023, 01:30 PM
The Undying

Ah. I wasn't paying attention (responding to too many similar threads). @gjpc asked how I found the hex codes for the icons. That was using an unpublished version of IRV. It functions in a similar manner to the item and skill scanners, just that it scans for image resources by attempting to set a Control object's background (instead of a Shortcut). Any time the control can be set to a valid image, the image is added to one of two default libraries, New or New32 depending on size. New32 is used for potential 32x32 images - unfortunately, there are a large number of resources that still pass the SetBackground test but are not displayable images. Instead of generating an error, they just show a blank image (the grey and white hash) and report their size as 32x32. I have to manually scan the New32 images and move any valid images to another library and invalid images to the Wastebasket. By allowing a simple multi-select, the large groupings of invalid images can be eliminated fairly quickly. Moving images from the New library usually entails filtering them by size since things like compass tiles (200x200) and maps (1024x768, 800x600, 1600x1200, etc.) have standard sizes they are easy to move to their appropriate libraries. Other images are either identified as Textures or various library types by manual scan - enabling the stretch feature allows quickly filtering height maps because they show as blank when stretched. It's a very handy utility but the interface is pretty crappy because it's for personal use only and I haven't been very motivated to clean it up for public consumption so the updated version will likely never get published.
Unread 10-28-2023, 05:33 AM
The Indomitable

thank you very much Garan for your answer always at the top, as usual

best regards