lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 03-19-2008, 01:02 PM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Send a message via ICQ to Fringe Send a message via AIM to Fringe Send a message via MSN to Fringe
Minimal UI Elements

Hello. I come from 3 years of EQ2 so please excuse my ignorance with how the LOTRO Interface changes work as I'm mostly familiar with working with EQ2 files. The problem that I'm running into is having to deal with TGA files as I don't know how to work on the Alpha channel nor how to deal with the cords in the XML file.

At any rate. I tend to appreciate a more minimalistic UI as I find that too much UI tends to just get in the way. I've tried using the scale sliders in the options panel but they also adjust the text size which doesn't work out so well. Therefore, I had a couple of questions regarding what might be possible and whether or not someone might be willing to lend a helping hand.

1. Bottom Bar: I was hoping for something like the following: lotro_bar_01.jpg

I've worked on the TGA file in case it helps but please notice that the Alpha channel isn't set-up properly: lotro_bar_01.tga

Also, it would be nice if the XP text was removed as well as I don't really need to constantly be reminded of what level I am nor how much experience I have and need towards the next level. I don't play much for leveling so that info just seems like clutter to me.

Lastly, I cropped the jpg file but not the TGA file as I wasn't sure if it was really necessary. If so then I would assume that all of the extra black space around the image should be removed as well.

2. Bags: I would really like to have the Title section removed as it just takes up space. I've attached a simple JPG file as an example but please keep in mind that it's just a basic edit of a screenshot. I changed the corners to square since it was easier to work with while editing but I really don't mind the round corners. I would guess that one of the issues with doing this would be dealing with the "drag" threshold as it's focused around the center of the title section. lotro_bag_01.jpg

3. As a general question, is it possible to shrink something down in size, similar to using the in-game scale sliders, but without changing the default text size? For example, if I shrink the Target Vital panel down to 80% the name itself shrinks down as well, making it extremely difficult to read the name at all.

Thanks to anyone that bothered to read this and possibly decides to respond.
Unread 03-22-2008, 06:02 PM
The Undying

You don't need to remove the black spaces around your drawing. If you have the correct alpha channel then it will only display what the alpha channel is set to display.

For a quick tutorial over alpha channels here is a vid.

*Note* He is using Photoshop CS2 so your software may vary a bit.

http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/layermasks/
Unread 12-27-2008, 10:01 AM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fringe

2. Bags: I would really like to have the Title section removed as it just takes up space. I've attached a simple JPG file as an example but please keep in mind that it's just a basic edit of a screenshot. I changed the corners to square since it was easier to work with while editing but I really don't mind the round corners. I would guess that one of the issues with doing this would be dealing with the "drag" threshold as it's focused around the center of the title section. lotro_bag_01.jpg
I am looking for this same feature. If one exists, I'd very much appreciate someone posting the name. Or, if anyone makes one, please let me know. Thanks!