lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces (L)

Unread 03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Mouse Cursor Highlighter Advanced

Download and information page here

Please give feedback, bugs, suggestions, etc about my plugin here please. Feel free to post on the download page also.

Last edited by Fortunis : 05-04-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Unread 03-22-2011, 05:07 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molan
(Post brought from Pre-Beta forum). Really like the look and functionality of this plugin. I seem to have one problem though, when loaded my mouse seems to change it's behaviour. With right or left button held down to change camera angle, or character movement direction, the sensitivity is dramatically decreased. I have to make large sweeping mouse movements rather than the small concise ones I am accustomed to.
This could possibly be some sort of hardware conflict? I use a Steelseries Zai mouse and Logitech G13 gamepad. Cursor behaviour is normal when used for clicking objects, mobs etc ingame. Same for clicking Fellowship portraits and skills on bars.

Cant say ive noticed this. Maybe you have turned up your sensitivity high and the affects are noticable. Ill check it asap. Thanks for the feedback Molan.

EDIT: After some testing of various mouse sensitivity and mouse smoothing settings, i cant find any changes in the functionality of the mouse. There isnt any code in my plugin that ive placed that should slow or alter mouse sensitivities either. Maybe at a later update when ive tidied the code, you get better performance, but in all honesty thats a long shot and im puzzeled as to why you get this problem. Please let me know if youve solved it in the future, as i feel your issue is out of my reach.

Last edited by Fortunis : 03-22-2011 at 05:48 AM.
Unread 03-23-2011, 06:28 AM
The Undying

@Molan

Have you tested MCHA on its own without other plugins turned on? To see if there maybe a conflict with another plugin?
Unread 03-23-2011, 09:47 AM
The Wary

Good news, I deleted all the folders inside my Plugins folder, reinstalled those I want to continue using and everything now works perfectly.
Mouse sensitivity is as snappy as ever. Thankyou so much for your work on this, would be very hard to return to the standard pointer.

Plugins installed.

Plugin Manager
Buffbars
Emo
MouseCursorHA
Palantir

Now to think of an excuse for not preventing raid wipes as it's impossible not to know cursor position even with mouse right button held down.
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:36 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Good news, I deleted all the folders inside my Plugins folder, reinstalled those I want to continue using and everything now works perfectly.
Mouse sensitivity is as snappy as ever. Thankyou so much for your work on this, would be very hard to return to the standard pointer.
That is great news and im happy you solved it hehe. Wouldve been nice to have all your old plugindata files from the AllServers folder. So that i could check through them for any variables that may have conflicted with MCHA. But not to worry, it probably was a one off problem (hopefully)

Quote:
Now to think of an excuse for not preventing raid wipes as it's impossible not to know cursor position even with mouse right button held down.
Lol, yeh good luck with an excuse for that one
Unread 04-12-2011, 06:15 AM
The Undying

This post for a requested tester has been removed

Last edited by Fortunis : 05-04-2011 at 03:55 AM.
Unread 05-06-2011, 02:26 PM
The Undying

Version 2 has been submitted and approved.

Last edited by Fortunis : 05-13-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Unread 05-17-2011, 05:19 AM
The Undying

Version 2.02 has been submitted.

Update v2.02
  • - Fixed alignment of large highlighters when MCHA is first loaded up and before MCHA options menu has been opened.
  • - Removed bulk comments. Only save/load comments show up.
  • - Added one more highlighter image (mcha16). This is the same image as mcha9 but it has the inner part fully transparent.

Last edited by Fortunis : 05-17-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Unread 06-26-2011, 04:19 PM
The Undying

Working on the next update. The last version i released was prematurely named version 3., but the true version 3 will be this next update.

Things im doing now-
  • A major overhaul of the code. Splitting the one LUA file into several LUA files, aswell as tidying it up.
  • Adding some extra stuff that im gonna leave as a suprise!
If anyone has any great ideas for any additions to MCHA please post here or PM me, and i'll see if its possible or not to implement.

-Fortunis
Unread 06-30-2011, 01:20 PM
The Undying

Update on the next update:
  • All code has been split into several LUA files. This mainly makes it much easier for me, seeing as it was starting to get quite heavy on code but it should also be lighter on the users client slightly.
  • Changed the Highlighter select window to a scrollable list. It has a problem in that i cant get it to select the highlighter in the list, when the profile has been changed or CombatSwap has changed the profile (the ID of the items in the list change on every load of the plugin. It only allows a mouse click to select an item in the list. Its an API issue, that doesnt support alternative methods), but that is a minor detail and something that shouldnt be a problem for anyone.
  • When Combat Swap is on, all MCHA's UI parts that cant be used will be disabled and greyed out.
All in all, its alot tighter and cleaner plugin.

----------------------------------

The extra stuff mentioned in the last post hasnt been started on (in code terms that is). Im undecided at this moment on wether i should add them to MCHA or make a new plugin for them and add other things that ive been wanting to tackle onto the new plugin.

The name, MCHA doesnt seem right for it to be stretched into other functions that are not really mouse orientated, but on the other hand, having the one plugin with more functions is alot more effecient than having many plugins. So im very undecided on this :s