This addon features two themes, each one consists of a compact toolbar integrated in JRR's main theme.
The featured grey toolbar is a revival of the GreySkin UI's toolbar.
The black edition is a JRR bonus.
Install process :
- Step 0 : As a simple JRR addon, it requires you have JRR installed
- Step 1 :
JRR - Greyskin
JRR - Greyskin Black edition
Download the file, then unpack it on your desktop.
- Step 2 :
Do you know how many pixels is your LOTRO client's display width ? (if you play in fullscreen, it is the same width than your screen's resolution).
- If yes, you can jump to step 3
- If you ignore it, just open the option panel in LOTRO and select the first tab called "graphic" as shown on the picture below :
- If you play in fullscreen mode, note the corresponding width (the first of the two numbers).
- If you play in window mode, note the corresponding width (the first of the two numbers).
- Step 3 :
- If your width is 1920, Jump to step 4
Your LOTRO display resolution IS NOT
1920 pixels width, so you need to manually edit the skindefinition.xml
files present in the folder you unpacked,
within sub folders called _JRR GreySkin
and _JRR GreySkin - Black edition
. There is 1 skindefinition.xml per folder.
To edit a skindefinition.xml file, open it with Window's Notepad, or any else text editor.
Don't panic ! You'll just have to modify 1 number near the beginning of the text
The needed explanations about what to do are displayed in the skindefinition file.
- Step 4 :
files are set for a 1920
X something resolution.
- - Copy the "JRR addon - GreySkin" folder in your "my documents" --> "The Lord of the Rings Online" --> "UI" --> "skins" (plural) folder (this is where your LOTRO screenshots are located).
If UI and/or skins don't exist, create it.
- When done, it should look like :
- Exit LOTRO client if it is running, then (re)launch LOTRO.
- Log on the character onto you want to apply the _JRR GreySkin profile. Select the theme from the panel menu --> UI Settings, as shown on the picture below.
- In order to be displayed at the correct position, it requires you have the toolbar's default size defined in the option panel, as follow :
- logout (character selection menu) then come back into the game.
Moving the UI skill bars to align it with toolbar slots :
- You're done with install
A couple of people are unfamiliar with moving the UI bars to align with the skin and Caldric's directions are perfect for it:
To do so, once you replace the skin, you want to follow these steps:
1) Open your Option menu
2) Go to "UI Settings"
3) Go to "Quickslot Bars"
4) Select the Bar you wish to use (1-5)
5) On that Bar, check "Always Show" and make sure it's not docked
6) Add an Ability to that bar (for alignment purposes)
7) Use " Ctrl + * " or " Ctrl + \ " to unlock your UI
8) Drag the Quickslot Bar into the Bottom Bar graphic and align it
9) Lock your UI (" Ctrl + * " or " Ctrl + \ ") and you're ready to go !
Converting this add-on into a standalone release, a child's play !
To enjoy this release of GreySkin
, you first need to download and install JRR
, then the GreySkin
file downloadable on this page.
But if you think "I just want to use GreySkin, I don't care the JRR other skins, I don't want to waste some space on my hard disk with all that crap...
I answer you "There's no problem !
" Indeed, each JRR skin is built as an add-on, so the whole JRR pack is modular !
In the facts, this means :
- Once JRR and GreySkin
are installed on your computer, open the "JRR Skins collection
" folder, it is located there : "...Documents/The Lord of the Rings Online/UI/skins/
- Inside this "JRR Skins collection
" folder, delete all the folders
present, except JRR CORE
- You're done !
Based on the toolbar from "GreySkin UI"
v.4, by Maximoz.
FAQ and Known issues :
- I just installed JRR and Greyskin and selected one of the skins on my character, some panels are displayed in a strange manner, like upside down.
Logout then login back, this is a necessary step to apply the new custom panel settings.
- I just installed the last version of this GreySkin release and selected it on my character, but some panels backgrounds or other elements are replaced by a light grey frame
If only a few elements are greyed, this can be a error from my side (indicating a wrong location of a file in the skin). Don't hesitate to report me this kind of issues.
If a big amount of grey frames occurs, first ensure you installed the JRR skins pack at the right location on your hard drive, then ensure you installed the "JRR addon - GreySkin
" folder side by side with the "JRR Skins collection
(This is the new location for addons folders since JRR v4.0)
- Mounted combat/instance finder/lotro store menu buttons are not skinned and are too big to fit properly in the toolbar.
I did not forget to manage them in the skin. The problem is it will be possible to skin them only when Turbine will include it in the skinning pack update !
- My bags have no more borders neither their title bar with the big bag icon.
This is not a bug, this is a skinning choice.
If you consider this disappointing, not handy or ugly, you can use a bags replacement plugin, as HugeBag
, it is amazingly convenient and good looking !
Advanced users can choose to revert it by deleting the whole "Ultra Mini-packs" section in the skindefintion.mxl file of every skin they wanna fix, and repeat this operation after every Greyskin update.
- The map is no more fullscreen !
This is not a bug, this is a skinning choice, it is really convenient in some situations, and on multi screen systems.
In fact this displays themap in this actual size, without the zooming blur.
Advanced users can revert it by deleting the "Map Window" section in the skindefintion.mxl file of the used skin(s) profile(s), and repeat this operation after every Greyskin update.
- My character doesn't show in the dressroom !
JRR skins doesn't supports resolutions with a height below 768 pixels.
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in fullscreen mode to get the dressroom correctly displaying the character.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in fullscreen or windowed modes.
- The auction house panel is too big !
Your screen is too small ^^
If you run Lotro with a resolution height equal to 768, you have to play in fullscreen mode to get the auction house panel entirely displayed and usable.
Higher resolutions allow to play indifferently in fullscreen or windowed modes.
"Toolbar buttons don't push"
Since Rohan, Turbine bugged the toolbar code, then you now have to edit the "Y" value of the toolbar code in addidition of its "X" value.
All needed explanations about what to do are logged into the skindefinition.xml files.
These files are located in the Greyskin skins profiles folders (grey and black).
You can open and edit them with Window's Wordap or any else texte editor software.
I you play in window mode or switch between window mode and fulscreen mode, you can bypass the "Y" issue by simply setting the toolbar scale to a value different than 1.00 ( in lotro option panel -> UI settings tab) (0.99 or 1.01 is ok).
Release notes :
V.4.7 May 11 2013 Update 11 release
- Changed the backpacks inventory background and borders.
- Requires JRR v4.7 installed.
V.4.6d April 21 2013 Hotfix
- Fixes a missing picture (unusable overlay icon)
V.4.6b April 21 2013 critical update
- Fixes a bug introduced in v2.6 which was blocking the display of the master loot window and need/greed/pass window, my apologies for this.
V.4.5a March 07 2013
- Update 10 release.
V.4.3 December 18 2012
- Fast fix for update 9.
V.4.2 October 29 2012
-Includes the new customizations featured in JRR v4.2
-Requires JRR v4.2 or above installed.
V.4.1 October 11 2012 Riders Of Rohan pre-release - Major update
- Requires JRR v4.1 or above installed. Please delete any previous installation foler of JRR and its addons before installing v4.1 (This doesn't concerns MMOUI Minion users)
- This update brings a preliminary support of the skill bank switching buttons and the new features embedded in JRR v4.1
- Known issue : You will have to set the toolbar scale to 1.01 or any other size than 1.00 (in option panel -> UI Settings) to get the skills and buttons clickable !
Or edit the skindefinition.xml file and in the line containing ID="ToolbarField" set the "Y" value equal to your lotro display resolution height minus the "height" value indicated on the same line
-Requires JRR v4.0 or above installed.
- Installation folder name and location has changed
Please delete any previous installation of JRR and its addons before installing version 4.
- Now supported by LotrOnion (Refer to JRR v4.0 release notes for further informations).
-Requires JRR v3.2 or above installed.
-Adjusted the position of the xp bonus meter.
V.2.9b (Hot Fix) 06/12/2012
- Fixed a display issue (undesired text title) on bag 6.
V.2.8 - Update 7 release. May 14 2012
- Toolbars reforged.
Lotro store button removed, main menu set compact, 3 button slots added.
There are now 12 buttons slots you can patch as you feel using the "option" menu -> "UI settings" -> "toolbar slots" (Right slots 6, 7 & 8 are disabled)
(the lotro store button can be re-allocated to a slot via this menu)
Highlight circle around bags is disabled.
- JRR 2.8 features enabled such as anniversary portraits, etc ...
- Requires JRR v2.8 or above installed.
Some fixes for the Lotro's 5th anniversary happy UI breakings.
v2.2Update 6 release
- Requires JRR v2.0 or above installed.
- Important changes on both toolbars
- Integrated JRR v1.8.1 new features.
- Require JRR v1.8.1 or above installed.
- Corrected a visual bug in xp meter
- Extended a bit Black edition toolbar to reach the bottom of the screen.
- Integrated JRR 1.8 new features.
- Require JRR v1.8 installed.
- Integrated an alternate appearence : The black edition
- Toolbar's partial transparency removed to optimize new icons integration.
- Initial release (as JRR addon).
- The original code, dated from 2007, has been rewrote.
- Compared to original release (Greyskin UI 4), you can now freely assign the 9 first buttons to the features you desire. In addition, a "STORE" and a "MENU" buttons have been integrated.
You can receive an automatic email notification on each new release of this addon.
For this, just register on lotrointerface.com (it's free) with a valid email address,
then click on the "add to my favourites" button on this page
(near the top right of the page, below download button).
You can turn this option ON and OFF here (first frame).