Author Credit is given on a simple basis. We credit the person who sends the mod in, and says "I wrote this" if you see your work here, and its credited to someone else contact us first then we can research it. Please remember more than one person can make the same mod.
| (DDO) Update 40: Cloaked in Darkness Release Notes, 03 Oct 2018
Oct 03, 2018 - 1:44 PM - by Cairenn
Of Special Note:
The Night Revels Returns!
Our yearly festival event returns with two new dungeon challenges, a new way to experience the Delera's Graveyard landscape, and a new public hub to access the Night Revels challenges! Additionally, new items are available from the Night Revels vendor, including cloaks, Reaper's Platemail, helmets, a new pet, and more! Return to the scene of a minotaur village in Grave Work, and face a Spectral Dragon in Eternity Unleashed! Enter the Delera's Graveyard as a private party-sized instance, available from levels 1 through 35.
New Raid: Killing Time
A new raid is now available! This raid is level 32 on Normal difficulty, and is now a part of the Dragonblood Prophecy adventure pack. Anyone who owns the Dragonblood Prophecy adventure pack, or who is VIP, can automatically run the raid.
Wood Elves have ancient roots, with their culture originating near the same time as other Elves. Hardier than other Elves, many were raised in the most dangerous wilds where few others would date to go. Wood Elves are a new variant that offers an alternate way to play the elven race! Wood Elves do not have their own racial past life, but rather can complete an Elven past life, and have different starting stats, along with several new enhancements. Wood Elves are free to VIPs, and available to purchase in the DDO Store.
Visible cloaks are now available! New random loot cloaks will have a visual, and named cloaks both new and old have visuals as well. There is a new Cosmetic Cloak Inventory Slot, and cloaks can accept a Mirror of Glamering to put the visual onto your character. Additionally, wearing a cloak will display the cloak on your character, and you can choose to toggle it on and off by clicking the cloak visibility button in your inventory UI, or by using the command /showcloak on or off.
Source and full patch notes.
- Players can now sort their characters from the Character Selection screen by using a small drop-down arrow situated above the list of characters. Sorting options are Alphabetical (A-Z), Alphabetical (Z-A), Class (A-Z), Class (Z-A), Level (Maximum to Minimum), Level (Minimum to Maximum), and Last Login.
- The Sentient Gem UI icon is now the same size as other icons near it.
- The following effects are now tagged to no longer display in the Combat Log: All Warlock aura effects, Tavern Regeneration, Public Area Regeneration, Archer's Focus, Scion of the Ethereal Plane, Hiding in Plain Sight, and Battle Engineer's Charge Tier effects.
- Warlock Aura Buffs no longer publicly display their duration to avoid flickering themselves over other buffs.
- There is now an option to run the DirectX installer from the Repair section of the Launcher Options UI.
- Fixed the icon for the DDO game shortcut on older installations.
- Many small typos and tooltip errors have been corrected.
- The Creature Companions tab has been moved up to align with other tabs.
- The Sentient Items button has been moved down near the Augments button.
0 Replies | 287 Views
| [LotRO] Letter from Executive Producer Rob Ciccolini
May 17, 2018 - 4:54 PM - by Cairenn
Thank you for being a part of the Lord of the Rings Online community as we celebrate 11 years of adventure. Happy Elevenses! I'm writing today to let you know a bit about our plans for the rest of the year and beyond, and hint at some exciting announcements you can expect to read more about in the future.
We've been enjoying exploring Northern Mirkwood, the "There" part of "There and Back Again". We plan to continue our expansion of the broader region throughout the year. We will also be using 2018 to work on classes, festivals, and quality of life improvements based on your feedback and suggestions (including, in a near update, the ability to see sheathed musical instruments).
Let’s look ahead to Update 23! We will be journeying to the Lonely Mountain, and from there following the eastern paths to the Iron Hills, and north to the Grey Mountains. We're excited to put these important parts of Dwarf culture and history on the map. Update 23 will also come with an instance cluster and, later in the year, a new raid. Our new instances will be designed for both groups and solo players, allowing everyone to see the storyline that unfolds in those instances. Full groups will also be able to enter into the more dangerous tiers of these adventures. The new landscape has 80 new quests, and the Black Book of Mordor will continue its story into these new regions. Update 23 will also increase the level cap to 120.
Read more ...
0 Replies | 2,436 Views
| (LotRO) Update 21 Release Notes, 1 Aug 2017
Aug 02, 2017 - 2:33 PM - by Cairenn
Of Special Note:
Epic Volume 4: Book 9
Witness the fate of the One Ring and Sauron! The Epic quest line reaches a major milestone, and remains free to all players.
The Black Book of Mordor
We begin a new story in Update 21 that will continue in future updates. Travel beyond the Black Gate, seek treasure and conquest, and discover what happens when the Free People enter a land of evil and corruption.
Explore Gorgoroth, including:
Level Cap Increase
- Udûn, the entryway that holds great forges, quarries, and parade grounds of Mordor.
- Dor Amarth, the rocky plain holding the broken bones of Barad-dur
- Talath Úrui, located south of Mount Doom, home to key fortresses, prisons, and military establishments.
- Lhingris, west of the Morgai ridge, home to Cirith Ungol.
- Agarnaith, a valley southeast of Barad-dur with a dense, pestilent, and bloody swampland.
The level cap has been raised to 115.
This new end-game system allows players to pledge their allegiance to one faction at a time. Pledge yourself to the Dwarves, Elves, Hobbits, or Men, and unlock rewards through activities in Mordor, including a unique story arc! Players will accrue Allegiance Points which advance your character along a given Allegiance. These points can be earned through acquiring items found in Mordor, completing repeatable quests, and more.
Light of Eärendil/Shadow
Areas of Shadow can be found in varying intensity throughout Mordor. These areas weaken visitors, but the Light of Eärendil can counteract this darkness. Your character will see a Shadow and Light Rating, which will help you understand the threat posed by the Shadow. Items that grant Light of Eärendil can be found in Mordor.
- A Frill Density slider has been added to the Advanced Graphics tab under "Scenery". This option adjusts the amount of frills loaded onto a scene as a percentage.
- The Advanced Graphics tab now has an added Particle Effects header with three options: Dynamic Particle Rendering, Precipitation Effects, and Static Environmental Objects.
- Particle Rendering allows the player to choose which particle effects to render. The options are None, Me, Me + Targets, Targets, and All.
- Precipitation Effects will disable weather effects, such as rain and snow.
- Static Environmental Objects will select whether to draw particle effects on immobile objects.
Source and full patch notes.
- A second 10 Year VIP Portrait Frame is now available to qualified players.
- Settings that are saved in the userpreferences.ini file, such as graphics preferences, are now saved to disk when the character options panel is closed. This aims to reduce occurrences of settings being lost due to client crashes.
- The Yes emote now appears in the Chat Window Emote Menu.
0 Replies | 9,654 Views
| (LotRO) Update 20.1 Release Notes, 18 April 201
Apr 18, 2017 - 2:15 AM - by Cairenn
Of Special Note
10th Anniversary Scavenger Hunt
Our new Anniversary Scavenger Hunt begins on Thursday! Waldo Rumble requires your assistance at the Party Tree in the Shire. Complete scavenger hunts each week to earn rewards and celebrate ten years of LOTRO!
News and Notes:
Regions and Quests
- The Treasure Hunter's Satchel will now correctly display the applied dye. However, this item's dye color will interfere with Rune-keeper satchel dyes when worn together.
- Housing - Silent Hope and Hills of the Shire music boxes now loop all available tracks instead of looping a single track after the first play-through.
- Crafting - The Large Bundle of Dagorlad Provisions and Small Bundle of Rangers' Provisions recipes now require a single Rangers' Journal of Dagorlad Cookery each to craft.
- Crafting - The tailor "Padded Gondorian Garments" recipe will no longer have the option to craft a Supreme Essence of Masterful Agility.
- Emotes - Acquisition of the Stoicpose is no longer incorrectly gated by having /heropose.
- Emotes - The Stoicpose emote will no longer show both a bow and an offhand weapon overlapping each other. Hunters will hold their bow while other classes will hold their equipped offhand weapons.
- Book 8: The Black Gate has been added to the deed for Epic Volume IV: The Strength of Sauron.
- The Wastes - Dol Acharn, "Vengeance of the Fallen" and "Memories of the Last Alliance" should no longer slow unreasonably bright when your graphics are set to DX10 or DX11.
- The Wastes - Dol Acharn - The unseen presence on the hill that can defeat you no longer has placeholder text in its name.
- The Wastes - The correct map now shows when visiting Lang Rhuven. Various missing map notes were also fixed for The Wastes map.
- Dead Marshes - Quest: The Dead of Dagorlad - The reeds have been adjusted so you can once again approach all of the apparitions.
- Festival - A Festive Flurry/A Bustling Bloom - Quests should no longer become stuck (unable to accept or decline) in the Auto-bestow panel. Quests have been versioned.
- These quests now bestow and require your confirmation to accept. In addition, these types of quests will bestow if you enter the Bree Festival Grounds (Spring Festival), Frostbluff (Yule Fetival), or the Party Tree (Anniversary).
- Lone-lands - Reflecting Pool - The solo version of the Red-pass instance now specifies that it is a solo instance.
- Mirkwood - Quest - A Cornered Foe - Defeating Shatog's guards very quickly will no longer prevent him from attacking you. Timing has also changed slightly on some of the prisoner's lines to speed up the ending sequence.
- Osgiliath (After-battle) - Quest - The Fallen King Renewed: Anduin Water can be selected more easily.
- Bree-land Homesteads - 2 Long Street - The doormat has been flipped so that when the Unwelcome Mat is placed, it is no longer backwards.
- Shire Homesteads - in a Standard house, the small wall hook next to the door is now flush with the wall.
- Cape of Belfalas Homesteads now has its own map with street names displayed.
- Various missing map notes have been fixed for the Cape of Belfalas Homesteads map, North Ithilien map, and Pelennor (After Battle) map.
- Your character will no longer turn black when jumping in water.
0 Replies | 12,194 Views
| (LotRO) Update 20: Battle of the Black Gate Release Notes, 21 March 2017
Mar 20, 2017 - 11:52 PM - by Cairenn
Of Special Note:
Journey through The Wastes!
Update 20, The Battle of the Black Gate, features more than ninety quests in three new regions: the Noman-lands, Dagorlad, and the Slag-hills. Discover new adventures beginning in the Camp of the Host.
The Black Gate
Epic Volume IV, Book 8 is now available. Experience the Host of the West’s climactic confrontation with Sauron’s forces at the Battle of the Black Gate, as Aragorn seeks to draw Sauron’s Eye away from his true peril…
Two new dungeons are now available! Explore Carchost, the Towers of the Teeth and Skoironk, the Maggot-holes, each with its own landscape, solo resource instance, and group resource instance.
Prepare the Host of the West for Battle!
Players can acquire supplies, provisions, and armour to prepare the Host of the West for the Battle of the Black Gate! Collect enough items to assist each faction of the Host of the West, and receive unique rewards. Supplies, provisions and armour can be earned through solo and group resource dungeons, Roving Threats, Landscape monsters, and Crafting.
Source and full patch notes.
- Four additional custom Chat Tabs are now available. These tabs can now display across two rows at the top of the Chat Window.
- In the Fellowship Mini Panel, fellows buffs and debuffs will no longer disappear after a fellow is defeated.
- The accelerator button should no longer appear on the Deed panel for reputation deeds.
- Mount skill icons should now all appropriately grey out when the skill cannot be used.
- Added a Stable-masters Collection button on the radar.
- The Mordor map should now more correctly display fellow member locations.
0 Replies | 12,295 Views
Follow us on
New & Updated