lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > LotRO Wish List (L)

Unread 04-18-2011, 01:33 PM
The Indomitable

Skin - Plugin request

Can someone make something to have this info on your screen *or just the bar and the amount of the bar* so it does not take up half the screen?

http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/r...nShot00536.jpg
Unread 04-18-2011, 06:29 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

What do you mean by "this info"? Do you mean The War window? If so, that window used to be a tab on the character window. It was turned into a separate window after update 2. Turbine hasn't released the UI code for that window yet. Someone really clever might be able to guess the code to resize the window but other than that, sorry, not possible.
Unread 04-19-2011, 08:58 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Turbine hasn't released the UI code for that window yet.
What do you mean by this? Is there a download for skins that turbine produces? Where can I find this, and what sort of stuff does it contain. Sorry for stupid questions. I have only been working on the lua side of things up to date.
Unread 04-19-2011, 10:53 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarwtr
What do you mean by this? Is there a download for skins that turbine produces? Where can I find this, and what sort of stuff does it contain. Sorry for stupid questions. I have only been working on the lua side of things up to date.
Check out http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...inArtPack.html. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated for the lastest changes but it's a good place to start.
Unread 04-19-2011, 06:58 PM
The Undying

Not sure if it helps, as I not familiar with skinning, but I think you can get different types of the skin ids via the following perl script (assuming you running english client).

If you take previous pack, and all if its element ids, you can use process of elimination to figure out what has changed.

Code:
my $sta = 176960420;
my $end = 177202014;
my $len = $end - $sta;

open IN, "<client_general.dat";
seek(IN, $sta, 0);
my $buffer;
if (my $rv = read(IN,$buffer, $len)) {
    my @recs = split(/..\x00\x10./, $buffer);
    foreach my $rec (@recs) {
        $rec =~ s/\W//gis;
        print "$rec\n";
    }
}

close IN;
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:02 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Not sure if it helps, as I not familiar with skinning, but I think you can get different types of the skin ids via the following perl script (assuming you running english client).

If you take previous pack, and all if its element ids, you can use process of elimination to figure out what has changed.

Code:
my $sta = 176960420;
my $end = 177202014;
my $len = $end - $sta;

open IN, "<client_general.dat";
seek(IN, $sta, 0);
my $buffer;
if (my $rv = read(IN,$buffer, $len)) {
    my @recs = split(/..\x00\x10./, $buffer);
    foreach my $rec (@recs) {
        $rec =~ s/\W//gis;
        print "$rec\n";
    }
}

close IN;
It appears that UI element names start off at around 1029756 and end around 1372850 - of course there's nothing stating the structure or size of these elements, but there are 4 bytes of data before each name - which may be some form of ID.

Slightly off topic, this is my first time browsing this section, and can't help be a little interested by the Xbox/PS3 related strings.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 04-20-2011, 01:17 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia
It appears that UI element names start off at around 1029756 and end around 1372850 - of course there's nothing stating the structure or size of these elements, but there are 4 bytes of data before each name - which may be some form of ID.

Slightly off topic, this is my first time browsing this section, and can't help be a little interested by the Xbox/PS3 related strings.
My guess is that is simply a lookup table. Every few entries there is something like the name of a graphic resource. A couple of the other files have what look like embedded jpg type data. And immediately following the element names section look like embedded tga data.
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:39 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
My guess is that is simply a lookup table. Every few entries there is something like the name of a graphic resource. A couple of the other files have what look like embedded jpg type data. And immediately following the element names section look like embedded tga data.
If it's anything like the other dat files, there should be at least one section ahead of it that acts as a lookup table, and the graphics resources may or may not completely exist at that location. Ran across several "images" in other .dat files that would start off with the JFIF JPEG header, but then stop before it reached the footer - presumably the rest of it would be located somewhere else in the file. Unfortunately those split up files are the only stumbling block to figuring out the .dat format completely.

Anyway, my apologies for derailing the thread - it's just that .dat files have pretty much been my elusive prey off and on for the past 2+ years

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 10-17-2011, 01:48 PM
The Indomitable

ALRIGHT the new pack is out for awhile and waited to get everyone used to it. Now lets see if anyone can do anything with the renown menu! I also seen that a money plugin was made. Im wondering if that can be used to make a dragable renown bar on the screen. Either way at this moment if anyone wants to watch their bar, that have to have a large panel up. I would really like to see that reduced or removed with only the bar showing. ALot of players would love this feature.
Unread 10-17-2011, 02:26 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackafoo
I also seen that a money plugin was made. Im wondering if that can be used to make a dragable renown bar on the screen.
Sorry, we don't have Lua access to character's Infamy/Reknown.