lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:21 PM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

wallet

I'm working on a plugin to keep track of the items in our barter wallet that are now pooled across our account, tracking which of them should belong to which character. (And in the process, I'm working on learning LUA, which I've never worked with before.)

Looking through other people's code (Garan's Wallet and AltInventory plugins, and RandomAugury's WalletTracker) I've come across the GetWallet() function and the GetName(), GetQuantity(), and IsAccountItem() functions on individual currencies listed within that wallet. None of this, however, seems to be included in the LUA documentation I downloaded from this site. Is there a more up-to-date version of the documentation that includes these and (more importantly) would tell me what other methods and events are available to work with? Specifically, I'm looking for an event (and I'm hoping there is one) when a character either earns or spends Marks, Medallions, Commendations, etc.

So far, I've taken care of setting up a table of currencies and characters, identifying who owns how many of which, and I've set up a UI window in which the player can assign their available currencies between their characters. That sort of manual assignment will be necessary during initial setup, and useful later on if a player wants to transfer some skirmish marks (or whatever) from one of their characters to another. But for the most part, I envision this plugin keeping track of them more automatically, so when a character earns skirmish marks, they're automatically assigned to that character, and when they're spent, they automatically come from the pool assigned to the character who's spending them. That part's going to require some event handling (which I still need to learn how to do in LUA).