lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 11-03-2021, 05:36 PM
The Wary

Send a message via Skype™ to Punkbitca
Plugin Compendium and transferred plugins

Hi!

I just did a fresh install of Lotro on a new computer, copied the "Documents/Lord of the Rings Online/" folder from the old one and replaced it in the same location.

Since on the old computer I used the Plugin Compendium to install all my plugins, I decided to install the program again on the new one to see if it would pick up the plugins that were in my old lotro folder. It did.
However I'm seeing new grey entries that I'm pretty sure aren't in my old computer when I look at the compendium there. It was a couple weeks I opened the compendium in my old computer though.

Also, somehow the compendium text is blurred, like it's resolution is wrong. I attached a picture, I hope it's visible enough.

The main questions are: Did I do something wrong? If so, what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.png
Views:	514
Size:	335.4 KB
ID:	347  
Unread 11-03-2021, 06:46 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkbitca
Hi!

I just did a fresh install of Lotro on a new computer, copied the "Documents/Lord of the Rings Online/" folder from the old one and replaced it in the same location.

Since on the old computer I used the Plugin Compendium to install all my plugins, I decided to install the program again on the new one to see if it would pick up the plugins that were in my old lotro folder. It did.
However I'm seeing new grey entries that I'm pretty sure aren't in my old computer when I look at the compendium there. It was a couple weeks I opened the compendium in my old computer though.

Also, somehow the compendium text is blurred, like it's resolution is wrong. I attached a picture, I hope it's visible enough.

The main questions are: Did I do something wrong? If so, what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance guys.
Well, I can tell you that 3 of those unmanaged plugins are actually part of the MoorMap plugin. MMCust, MMExport and MMSearch are installed with MoorMap and used internally by the plugin. So, they were on your old system, you must have just not paid attention to them - which in the case of those three specific plugins is the right thing. Just ignore them and let them do their own thing in the background - do not delete them or anything else (for instance, do not try loading them manually or with a plugin manager - MoorMap itself loads and unloads them as needed).

As to the others, 'unmanaged' just means that there is no .plugincompendium file for them so they were most likely installed manually or were installed along with another plugin.
Unread 11-13-2021, 08:23 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Usually when you've installed something with LPC it will maintain its own set of "plugincompendium" files to ensure it knows what came from where. So if a plugin, like moormap had several pugin files included. it will maintain where those came from. When you see unmanaged, it probably do to a manually installed plugin (no plugincompendium) file. When that occurs it tried to make best guess and link plugins up by name. I'd recommend deleting Moormap folder structure and reinstalling via LPC gui.