lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 02-19-2007, 07:34 PM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
At this point, it's way to early to tell. I suppose it will rely on the scripting language being able to receive events from an external source. I've done a little bit of looking into LUA, but I don't know the nuts and bolts of it enough to make any definite decisions.

-P
It's one of the MANY the things that I love about this game: the developers actually reply to posts on a regular basis.

I'm really pleased that this is something that you guys may pursue once release has occurred (as opposed to flat-out saying 'it ain't gonna happen').

Thanks Frosty
Unread 03-23-2007, 04:20 AM
The Wary

I spotted this thread, linked from another. It's absolutely fantastic that the developers reply, if an Addon system is included I'd like to see it but hopefully one that won't allow for players having the game played for them.

I certainly would like to see visual Addons possible and perhaps even items of whimsy written up for it, I'd love to be able to translate over my Cadence Addon (WoW) for example, so that people could use that stage in the Shire to setup their own plays.

I stayed with Warcraft as long as I could stick it but really, it just wasn't the game for me and I was just staying to code for people more than anything, I just couldn't enjoy the game though and it wasn't worth paying for but I love LotRO and I'd be more than happy to use my coding talents to create works for it instead.
Unread 03-27-2007, 07:04 AM
The Undefeated

Send a message via Yahoo to Hinton
Hey everyone! I too am intensely impressed with the quick replies from a member from Turbine. I'm one of those people that enjoy customizing anything I can, and an in-game User Interface is no exception. I would love to see the ability to make adjustments.

I enjoy fancy graphics as well, so being able to change the graphics alone is already a big plus. My only main thing I enjoy doing with any online game I play is to have an organized UI. It really helps the game play better overall. I like to (since I use a 1920x1200 WideScreen monitor) put 2 chat boxes to the bottom-left of my screen (1st one for Main & Misc stuffs, 2nd for Combat & Casting), then 4 hot-bars in the middle stacked on top of each other, then another chat box (for actual Chatting) and on the far bottom-right either a mini-map, active quest thingy ma jiggy or heck, why not... another chat box.

Oooh, and don't forget the numbers to go along with the health / power, etc... bars. That's always a huge help for us old-schoolers when it comes to playing these games. Numbers mean a lot more to me than a guesstimated bar that only serves as looking pretty when I'm in the heat of a battle.

P.S. - Please add support for the Logitech G15 Keyboard, anything will do, it's just too cool to use it, lol. Whoot for Frosty! & LoTRO!!
For Him, For Her, For Yourself... a little something for everyone.

Last edited by Hinton : 03-27-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Unread 03-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Tools and UI Engineer
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Suppport for the Logitech G15 keyboard is in. We have your morale, power, and current landscape or dungeon area displayed in the LCD.

-P
Unread 03-27-2007, 02:37 PM
The Undefeated

Send a message via Yahoo to Hinton
That's friggin' sweet Frosty! Turbine for the win!
For Him, For Her, For Yourself... a little something for everyone.
Unread 03-28-2007, 09:38 AM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Suppport for the Logitech G15 keyboard is in. We have your morale, power, and current landscape or dungeon area displayed in the LCD.

-P
Yah you guys rock. im glad to see that the G15 is going to be used. Now that expensive keyboard i bought will be useful once again. But i have a ? about macros. what is the current standpoint on the use of them.

http://www.LOTROEDGE.com
Unread 03-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Tools and UI Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripster
Yah you guys rock. im glad to see that the G15 is going to be used. Now that expensive keyboard i bought will be useful once again. But i have a ? about macros. what is the current standpoint on the use of them.
Haha! You're not enticing me into the flame debate that is "macros". I've got my own opinions, but they're probably not vetted by the Company. Look for your answers on the official forums, padawan.

-P
Unread 03-28-2007, 02:53 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Quote:
Haha! You're not enticing me into the flame debate that is "macros". I've got my own opinions, but they're probably not vetted by the Company. Look for your answers on the official forums, padawan.

-P
*Chuckles at Frosty*

It's so much fun trying to get folks to understand the distinction between your personal and your "professional" opinion, isn't it? It's the same reason I never tell anyone what custom UIs I use.

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 04-12-2007, 11:46 AM
The Wary

As a proud user and supporter of wowace.com, I'm glad that there is talk of a client side scripting engine in the works. It's also very refreshing to see constructive and pleasent posts from everyone including a Dev

My mind has been warped by having to click through thousands of childish "nerf" posts and fake patch notes

Please LOTRO.... be the answer

Last edited by Console : 04-12-2007 at 11:47 AM. Reason: typo
Unread 04-12-2007, 09:38 PM
The Wary

Thanks for the update Frosty.

The dev's over at wowroster.net have been talking about expanding into LOTRO (with our next major release) if the capability does come. This would be a great benefit to us, and I'm sure the "guilds" in LOTRO, if we could get some scripting capability like WoW currently has.