lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 06-12-2012, 07:05 AM
The Undying

Anyone noticed anything "wierd" with Session play?

In playing through the new Deed - Discovering the Descendent - on all my toons, I happened to notice that one Lua -- Tonic Bars -- had picked up a strange behavior.

All of the Session play Characters are ~<name>. And as best I can tell (as I haven't really looked at the data files) things like Alt Inventory all maintain data as expected.

The thing which I noticed about Tonic Bars is in the "Import from another toon" feature.

My 9 toons are named "Val" to "Valwood" -- the list of toons available to import from included "many" toons in the alphabetical range of "Val" to "Valwood" !

A possible security hole in the API?

On a related issue.

I know that NT has not been maintaining Tonic Bars for over a year now is there anyone who would be interested in taking it on?

Feel free to shoot me an email -- [email protected]
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

Unread 06-12-2012, 09:53 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Quote:
Originally Posted by magill
I know that NT has not been maintaining Tonic Bars for over a year now is there anyone who would be interested in taking it on?
Is the author still around? Stated that they're not maintaining it further? I see an update as of February this year, so only 4 months....

If it has truly been abandoned by the author, I'd be willing to maintain it...can't promise any major enhancements or anything, but bug fixes and keeping it updated with content changes shouldn't be a problem. Other than the one you just reported, are there other known issues? I use it myself and have only had a few issues, mainly with UI placement being finicky. Is my experience typical - mostly working for everyone, just a few minor issues today, and ongoing maintenance?
Unread 06-12-2012, 12:01 PM
The Undying

The most significant issue with saving data for session characters is the tilde character. Filenames that include a "~" will generate the error, "The key contains invalid characters!" from the LotRO client when executing the Turbine.PluginData.Save and Turbine.PluginData.Load methods. To get around that, AltInventory automatically replaces the "~" with an underscore. That is why your session characters will appear with an underscore in the character list in AltInventory.

I don't use Tonic Bars, but it is quite likely that the additional characters Bill is seeing are from his other accounts since he uses linked directories to get all of his accounts to save their plugin data in one folder.
Unread 06-12-2012, 01:01 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garan
Filenames that include a "~" will generate the error, "The key contains invalid characters!" from the LotRO client when executing the Turbine.PluginData.Save and Turbine.PluginData.Load methods. To get around that, AltInventory automatically replaces the "~" with an underscore.
AltInventory is the only plugin I've used that includes the character names in the filenames, but good to know. I haven't actually tried to understand why you did that instead of building one big file with all characters' data in it, but I assume for loading optimization. I didn't bother to do that with KillTracker, even storing everything at the account level, but then I have a lot less data to keep track of than AltInv does.