lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Unread 08-24-2007, 10:24 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Latest UI issue with bk10

I noticed when I go windowed mode now all the ui elements that border the edge of the screen except the main bar scatter all over the place. some items end up halfway across the screen ... this has definately got to be fixed asap.

couple threads going on official forums:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=85511
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=85513

If we could get a default version of the SkinDefinition.xml file with all the default values, maybe this could be used to create a "reset" point. What i mean is the windows all default to a certain place (per window) when you go windowed mode. This must be a setting in the default SkinDefinition.xml file. If we were to have the default .xml file, we could set the X and Y values to exactly what we want if the screen shrinks down.

I don't know if this would work or not but at this point I'm willing to try anything. As it stands, I have to reboot my PC between every session of LoTRO and if I have to do it much longer I don't think I will continue playing the game.

If anyone else has any ideas on how to fix this, by all means, share 'em here. I'm willing to try them all.
Unread 08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
The Undying

I posted in both of those topics and yes this is EXTREMELY aggrivating for me to have to re-do my UI whenever I restore, it is also annoying to have to do the same if I enter Session play.
Unread 08-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalwein
If we could get a default version of the SkinDefinition.xml file with all the default values, maybe this could be used to create a "reset" point. What i mean is the windows all default to a certain place (per window) when you go windowed mode. This must be a setting in the default SkinDefinition.xml file. If we were to have the default .xml file, we could set the X and Y values to exactly what we want if the screen shrinks down.
Unh...

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 08-24-2007, 07:16 PM
The Undying

He means a set of default values that can be modified by the user, so that when the UI elements revert to their default positions it will still be where the user wants them to be instead of the default values defined by Turbine.
Unread 08-24-2007, 07:39 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleitanious
He means a set of default values that can be modified by the user, so that when the UI elements revert to their default positions it will still be where the user wants them to be instead of the default values defined by Turbine.
Exactly... I want a skindef file that has all the X and Y values for the default UI, so that I can go through it and basically adjust them all to values specific to where I want the ui elements to be upon a reset (or initial load). I suppose I could go through and add the code myself for EVERY element but its just such an overwhelming task I would rather just pick up a new game. The time it would take to do so would be monstrous - thus I am hoping that this file exists somewhere server-side that Frosty might be able to sneak out of the office for us.
Unread 09-05-2007, 02:33 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

The only word from the devs I have managed to eek out on the official forums is "bug this issue," in short. Given the nature of this issue making the game just entirely aggravating and no fun at all to play, I won't be continuing my subscription LotRO after my exodus to Japan in early October.

I hope someone else can come up with a super "all-in-one-inventory" in my stead. Good luck in the future guys. I'm sure I'll see you all in the next great MMO adventure!
Unread 09-10-2007, 11:55 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

FYI, Turbine has finally responded to the problem:

http://forums.lotro.com/showpost.php...7&postcount=41

Perhaps I will be back!