lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 12-26-2013, 08:19 AM
The Wary

Missing Quests

Hello,

I am new in the game "LoTRO" but it is a excellent MORPG.

I want to complete as many quests as possible.
I am looking for a way to see where are NPCs that have new quests for me.

In LoTRO I do not see the "rings" (that indicate these NPCs) on the map.
It would be cool to see where I have missed some quests.

I just see the rings on the radar (the mini-map).
Unfortunately I did not find out how to zoom out of the radar (so I have a bigger radius in the radar).

The best solution would be to see a ring symbol on the map.
Is there a Plug-in that performs this?
Or any other solution for this problem?

Thank you!

Greetings

OLLI
Unread 12-26-2013, 11:03 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

There is no Lua API for quests or quest granters (Compendium is a manually updated database of game info) and there is no way via Lua to modify the built-in maps (thus the reason for MoorMap) so there is no way to completely implement this. One solution is to use Lunarwater's Compendium and my MoorMap. They are integrated so that if you look up an Item, Quest or Deed in Compendium that has coordinates, you can click on the coordinates and it will open MoorMap with a "ping" at the location of the coordinates. An alternative would be to use Berry's Completionist Tracker (or google) to find quests you've missed and the name of the NPC that grants the quest and find their location on the map or try the built in search function of MoorMap or TerrainMap to locate the NPC. Unfortunately, due to phasing, the NPCs in new areas of the map can change locations based on what portions of quests you have completed so they may not always be at the locations indicated in quest guides or plugins. Neither MoorMap nor TerrainMap have the default annotation data or NPC data for the latest expansion and probably will not for at least another month.

Unfortunately, Compendium is a bit out of date and the Lorebook that used to be used to source much of it's data no longer exists. Since Compendium takes a significant amount of manual labor to update it may not be updated for new content but it is typically still useful for content prior to Rohan.

Compendium:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ompendium.html

MoorMap:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=532

TerrainMap:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...nfo.php?id=846

Berry's Completionist Tracker:
http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...stTracker.html

Last edited by Garan : 12-26-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Unread 12-26-2013, 11:50 AM
The Wary

Hello Garan,

thank you for your answer.
I had a quick look at your "Terrain Map" Plug-in, it is really fantastic.

I just have two questions:
  • is it possible to use "MoorMap" and "Terrain Map" together (or will they cause problems)?
  • does the "Compendium" also support the German LoTRO client?

Thank you again for your answers!

Greetings

OLLI
Unread 12-26-2013, 12:28 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Thanks.

MoorMap and TerrainMap can be used together without conflict but they each use a significant amount of memory (not really an issue if you are running a new PC but on one of my old XP test boxes it used bog down the client). I have plans to integrate the two so that you can switch back and forth without quite as large a memory footprint as running them side by side but that got knocked down the priority list due to some hardware and RL issues.

As to Compendium and language support, the best I can suggest is to post questions in the comments thread on the Compendium download page. I'm not sure how much support Compendium has for the DE/FR/RU clients. I'm not even sure whether Lunarwater is still planning to support Compendium now that the lorebook is no longer available as a data source.
Unread 12-26-2013, 01:48 PM
The Undefeated

There is also the option to display rings for quests that are below you level that you haven't completed yet on your mini map. Its turned off by default, but its under the Options>UI Settings. Its a check box labeled "Show Trivial Quest Icons In Radar". If you want to do all the quests, even the ones below your level, this will help a little.