lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 05-28-2011, 04:11 AM
The Undefeated

Aggro Guages

Not sure if this is possible but, I'd like to see how much aggro I have compared to the rest of my fellowship/raid. This would be an invaluable tool to me as a new tank. I am playing a Warden and I usually play casters in RPGs. As a Warden, I'd like to be able to visually see if/when I have enough aggro so I can switch from aggro skills to self-heals and such, and of course switch back to aggro skills as needed to hold that aggro. Some sort of visual aggro guages would be wicked sick!
Unread 05-28-2011, 04:35 AM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Actually, healing can be used to generate threat. This is true for both the captains and the wardens.

Aggro, at least in LotRO, is more of who's the current target of the mob. Threat (or hate) is what you try to have more of than anyone else, so the mob attacks only you - and you can generate threat through either DPS, healing, or generating threat itself (taunts, etc).

As far as tanking goes, figure out how to generate enough threat and healing, and do that. You have to learn by feel, so get ready for a trial by fire, because no threatmeter exists.
Unread 05-28-2011, 05:12 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almagnus1
You have to learn by feel, so get ready for a trial by fire, because no threatmeter exists.
Nor can it under current restrictions to the LUA coding. *Prepares himself for the debate of Threat meter vs no threat meter...*
Unread 05-28-2011, 11:40 PM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackdaw
Nor can it under current restrictions to the LUA coding. *Prepares himself for the debate of Threat meter vs no threat meter...*
Exactly what I needed to know (and assumed)... The LUA restrictions make it impossible so I'll have to learn by trial and error (hopefully not to the demise of my fellowship, but more than likely so...). Thanks for the replies!
Unread 05-29-2011, 02:41 AM
The Undying

Quote:
hopefully not to the demise of my fellowship
It's how we've all learned! Or not in my case!

I can tank reasonably well, and heal, but dps? I always grab aggro. *sigh* Just have to learn to pace myself a bit better.
Unread 05-29-2011, 11:48 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almagnus1
As far as tanking goes, figure out how to generate enough threat and healing, and do that. You have to learn by feel, so get ready for a trial by fire, because no threatmeter exists.
One 'trick" that I use on both my Warden an Rune Keeper... (although it does not really lend itself to "fast action.")

Target an enemy from a distance if that enemy is outside your agro range, it will show up as "x" for your long range attacks. As you move closer, that "x" will disappear. At that point, you are just on the border of the MOB's agro range. A couple of steps closer (or an attack) will give you agro.

And yes, Rune Keepers can generate agro from healing also.
Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (118)
Valanne - Beorning (105)
Valhad - Elf LM (65)
Valkeeper - Elf RK (85)
Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (68)
Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
All about the fun!"

Unread 05-29-2011, 05:49 PM
The Undying

I tank. It's what I do. I don't need a meter, I am happy to switch to dps when other's are learing to tank and my kinship is happy to help me learn to play other classes. We found I can't heal or play hunter and am only passable CC. If you like me find nice people to help you learn it can be very fun.
Unread 05-29-2011, 09:55 PM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by magill
One 'trick" that I use on both my Warden an Rune Keeper... (although it does not really lend itself to "fast action.")

Target an enemy from a distance if that enemy is outside your agro range, it will show up as "x" for your long range attacks. As you move closer, that "x" will disappear. At that point, you are just on the border of the MOB's agro range. A couple of steps closer (or an attack) will give you agro.

And yes, Rune Keepers can generate agro from healing also.
With my 65 RK, I know all about generating threat with heals. In fact, I am fully 'heal traited' and if I am not careful... I can grab aggro from a whole group of mobs, stealing from tanks and dps'ers alike. I've even been told in some groups to be careful that I don't do that but it's all good cuz I am a wicked sick healer.

What I am worried about is holding aggro as a Warden. Like I said in my OP, I always play a caster in RPGs and the Warden is obviously an advanced class so it's not like a Guardian... I'm just looking for anything I can that will help me be a better tank.
Unread 03-06-2014, 12:39 AM
The Undefeated

3 years later...

Have there been any LUA restriction changes that allow a threat meter to be possible?
Unread 03-06-2014, 11:23 PM
The Undefeated

Short answer: No.