lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 01-11-2008, 03:30 PM
The Wary

problems setting up UI

I have tried downloading several different UI packages including Trottimus's Elaborate. along with several single bars. I have tried following the instructions listed with each UI to set up for my resolution (1440x900)

The problem i seem to be having is one i can't find referenced anywhere else.

I want to setup Trottimus's Elaborate with the bars on both sides of the combat icon, when i try this the combat icon stays in the default position and i can find no way to move it. It ends up covering my toolbars and just making everythin look really bad.

if i try to use just a single bar mod the graphics don't line up either.

Any help would be appreciated
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:31 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

any screenshot would appreciated as well :p

If you're referring to autoattackbutton it can only be moved by changing the x&y values in skindefinition.xml.

If you need to move your quickslots press ctrl+# (default) and you can drag them.

We cannot change the layer order so if something goes under something else there's nothing we can do. You just have to find a better place for your objects.
Unread 01-12-2008, 12:20 PM
The Wary

ok, here is a screenshot of the problem i am having. this one is usig Trottimus's 'Elaborate' Full set v 1.41. I am trying to setup the bottom bar shown in his screensots. the one with 4 bars shown with auto-attack in the center.

I have tried editing the Xml file and following the instructions this is as close as I have been able to get.

i have also restarted the client to make sure the UI refreshes correctly and it still doesn't show up right. I will post a screenshot of Daimon UI later. i would really like to use one of these interfaces. but after hours of trying to make them work i can't seem to figure it out.

edit: I know the other hotbars are not aligned right. i just loaded the ui only for the screenshot and didn't move the bars around.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot00000.jpg
Views:	1058
Size:	405.8 KB
ID:	98  

Last edited by ktt4510 : 01-12-2008 at 12:22 PM. Reason: to acknowledge my other bar placement
Unread 01-12-2008, 04:32 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

So you're trying to get it look similar to this picture ?

Trottimus uses a little cheat here I think and have left 2x2 slots in the middle (that are over autoattack button) vacant.

As you can see from the smaller setup above there's 5 slots each side (10 total) of autoattackbutton but in reality there's always 12 buttons in 1 bar. This means the 2 slots in the middle are simply not used.

I know it sucks that we have to do tricks like these but we are left a little choice here because the skinning is so restricted in lotro.

If this doesn't answer your question I hope Trottimus himself will try to guide you as he knows his skin better.

If you have problems with my UI I might be a bit more of use
Unread 01-12-2008, 06:25 PM
The Wary

Thanks for the help. I was not aware of the unused buttons in the screenshot.

I just tried your interface again with a fresh download and clean install into the UI folder and it seems to be working just fine. I probably got some files mixed up or something, or possibly chnged the wrong xml files. I had 2 or 3 open at once at one point yesterday so that is very likely. I guess WoW interface mods spoiled me. But now that i got both of these working maybe i can actually play the game instead of fiddling with the interface.

Thanks again for the help.