lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Tutorials & Other Helpful Information (L)

Unread 11-23-2011, 02:55 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Lotro UI Tags

Any tag is hidden when written to the UI. Just search and replace less than and greater than symbols to see what is going on.

Examining Items

The ids can be captured from what is seen in chat update event.
  • <ExamineItemInstance:ItemInfo:[id style 1]><\ExamineItemInstance>
  • <ExamineItemInstance:ItemInfo:[id style 2]><\ExamineItemInstance>
  • <Examine:IIDDID:[id style 3]:[id style 1]><\Examine>
  • <Examine:IIDDID:[id style 3]:[id style 2]><\Examine>

NPC / Player Interaction Tag

The ids can be captured from what is seen in chat update event.
  • <Select:IID:[id style 3]><\Select>

Linking to Quest Log

Get the ids from lorebook. If id matches a quest in your log, will open that particular quest details. Otherwise it just opens it to default (last selected). If anyone can figure out pulling up deed (my guess is it is related to this).
  • <QuestRefID:[id style 3]><\QuestRef>

Unknown Tags

I'm hoping the MapNoteRef might be able to link to something on map.
  • <NPCQuery:IIDString:[id style 3]:[id style 3]><\NPCQuery>
  • <MapNoteRefID:[id style 3]><\MapNoteRef>
  • <ExamineIA:IAInfo:[id style 1]><\ExamineIA>
  • <ExamineIA:IAInfo:[id style 2]><\ExamineIA>
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:19 AM
The Indomitable

Have you been able to decode the item IDs from the "ExamineItemInstance" format? Unlike the older "Examine:IIDDID" format, the data appears to be in some binary encoding.
Unread 05-17-2012, 09:14 AM
The Undying

Haven't spent any further time looking into it. If I were to guess, it probably is a reference to a particular item instance. If I recall the select tag's id change everytime you log out and back into game. So my guess is the Id's of items in your posession / inventory get new reference Id's when you log in. Someone would need to confirm though.
Unread 05-22-2013, 07:01 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Have you been able to decode the item IDs from the "ExamineItemInstance" format? Unlike the older "Examine:IIDDID" format, the data appears to be in some binary encoding.
The data is compressed and encoded to, I assume, bring the number of characters sent to the chat to a minimum (for which there is a 256 characters limit or something, apparently including invisible tags).

See this thread on lotro forums for decoding:
http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...th-missing-IDs
Unread 03-25-2022, 04:28 PM
The Undying

New URL for Equendil's link: https://forums.lotro.com/forums/show...th-missing-IDs
Unread 03-27-2022, 11:49 AM
The Undying

The data is compressed using Zlib. The string contains info essential for generating a tooltip for that specific item, things like the generic item ID, item level, and any additional info such as equipped essences etc.

At one point I was working on an update for Tulkas that would allow you to piece together slottable equipment to create hypothetical instances of that item, and then compare stats. Part of that feature allowed users to share these items in the chat channels by recompressing the item info into a sharable link. It worked really well, I just stopped playing for an extended period of time that I never got around to finishing it. I think if the game devs ever extended LUA to give us more item info data, I may consider completing it, but I really can't be bothered maintaining a database of items that require manual stat entry.
Unread 03-28-2022, 04:00 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galuhad
The data is compressed using Zlib. The string contains info essential for generating a tooltip for that specific item, things like the generic item ID, item level, and any additional info such as equipped essences etc.

At one point I was working on an update for Tulkas that would allow you to piece together slottable equipment to create hypothetical instances of that item, and then compare stats. Part of that feature allowed users to share these items in the chat channels by recompressing the item info into a sharable link. It worked really well, I just stopped playing for an extended period of time that I never got around to finishing it. I think if the game devs ever extended LUA to give us more item info data, I may consider completing it, but I really can't be bothered maintaining a database of items that require manual stat entry.
Dmorcellet publishes an items database at each update. Does that have all of the pertinent data in it? Maybe you can write a script to import it into your plugin. If you distribute the script with your plugin, people will always be able to update the plugin even if you're not around.