lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 12-02-2011, 08:59 PM
The Undying

Resurrect the LOTRO-Manager

This is a request for one of you developers to resurrect the dead LOTRO-Manager by Bl4ckSh33p. It can be found in the LotRO Tools & Utilities for Developers (although it seems it would be more appropriate to be in the LotRO Tools & Utilities for Users) and hasn't been updated since 01-30-2008.

In that it's been nearly 3 years since that last update, the server list is missing a LOT of the current servers, and there are only the original 7 character classes available (Warden & Rune-keeper are missing). In addition to these drawbacks, the Interface and Screenshots sections were never finished and the Music section is only available in German (the other sections have both German and English). As such, it's really nothing more than a glorified notepad for aliases, shortcuts, and general notes.

The LOTRO-Manager has so much potential that it really is a shame for it to sit there and die. With a bit of updating it could be made useful again, and with an overhaul or rewrite (perhaps including some calls to the API), it could become a nearly indispensable tool as an out-of-game mod to keep all of your notes, game & character info, and just about anything else you could think of relating to LOTRO, in one handy, tidy, and readily accessible location.

If I had the know-how and the tools, I'd do it myself. Unfortunately I don't, but if anyone has the ability to decompile the code and point me in the right direction, I'd be willing to learn and give it a shot. Ideally though, one of you gifted developers with the necessary skills and the time needed, will take on this project and resurrect this awesome idea.
Unread 12-03-2011, 07:33 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Not much that can be done here without source code, faster to start from scratch than attempt to reverse engineer things. Someone might of course want to do just that. Plenty busy myself with various projects though.