lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > XML modification help (L)

Unread 03-26-2011, 08:51 AM
The Wary
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Experience bar coloration off-center

I'm modifying Wicked Mouse's Small Mainbar, just trying to compress the experience bar down to fit the bar. Here's where I'm stuck:

There are still little alignment tweaks to work out, I know, but what I can't figure out is the bar's coloration. Why is it darker on the right? I've tried both resizing letterbox_bottom_glass_overlay.tga (the version in the skin's folder is only 610 px wide, and I've removed the dark spot entirely), and in that picture, have it set to 1x1 px to hide it (although it looks to still be showing).

Any idea what's causing this? Halvitur had a thread for a similar issue a few months back, but I don't understand exactly how he fixed it.

Here's my current code if it's of any help:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<opt>

<!-- LOTRO Skin by s3rial, modified from Wicked Mouse's Small Main Bar -->
	<!-- Version 1.0 -->
	<!-- http://www.lotrointerface.com -->

<SkinName Name="MicroBar"></SkinName>

<!--Main Bar Element Properties-->
<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_Toolbar">
	<Element ID="ToolbarField" X="448" Y="1000" Width="1024" Height="200">

<!-- Main Menu Buttons -->
		<Element ID="ToolBarButton_MainMenu" X="207" Y="138" Width="30" Height="45"> </Element>

<!-- Hide the mess'o'buttons -->
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_1" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_2" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_3" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_4" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_5" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_6" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_7" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_1" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_2" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_3" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_4" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_5" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_6" X="1" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_7" X="1" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>

<Element ID="Toolbar_WebstoreButton" X="752" Y="122" Width="66" Height="69"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarButton_CustomizeSlots" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"> </Element>

<!-- Define the level meter's frame & text brackets -->
		<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Left_Cap" X="200" Y="187" Width="17" Height="13"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Mid_Left_Cap" X="406" Y="187" Width="16" Height="13"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Mid_Right_Cap" X="603" Y="187" Width="16" Height="13"> </Element>
		<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Right_Cap" X="801" Y="187" Width="17" Height="13"> </Element>

<!-- Compress the level meter -->
		<Element ID="LevelMeter" X="200" Y="181" Width="610" Height="30">
			<Element ID="LevelMeterFill" X="5" Y="7" Width="610" Height="11">
				<Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter" X="0" Y="0" Width="610" Height="11"> </Element>
				<Element ID="meter_fill" X="0" Y="0" Width="305" Height="11">
					<Element ID="meter_fill_image" X="0" Y="0" Width="307" Height="11"> </Element>
				</Element>
			</Element>
			<Element ID="LevelMeterText" X="3" Y="5" Width="610" Height="13"> </Element>
			<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Glass_Overlay" X="0" Y="7" Width="610" Height="11"> </Element>

</Element>

</Element>

</PanelFile>

<!-- Bottom Bar -->
		<Mapping ArtAssetID="LetterBox_Bottom" FileName="letterbox_bottom.tga"></Mapping>
	</opt>
Unread 03-26-2011, 04:54 PM
The Undying

If i am not wrong :

The Yellow bar part = the xp rest
The brown bart part = the total xp done on your level
The blue bar part = the xp to be done

I think this is why you have the center problem (in fact more a visual one that a real one) as your bar is correctly centered but the color gives a negative impression.

Though i would prefer that someone well used in UI interface to confirm what i said.
Unread 04-15-2011, 01:58 PM
The Undefeated

I know this is a little old, but i can help.

It's the <Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Glass_Overlay" X="0" Y="7" Width="610" Height="11"> </Element> that is the culprit.

You either have to modify and map the glass overlay image to fit the bar correctly (Which is what halvitur did. Download the vb32 ui skin art pack in the utilities for developers section and look for the letterbox_bottom_glass_overlay.tga file), or move the overlay off the mainbar so you can't see it (you can't give the width and height a value of 1 to make it dissapear. At least I couldn't).

Last edited by Grymwulf : 04-16-2011 at 01:22 AM. Reason: additional info/clarification
Unread 04-15-2011, 10:51 PM
The Undying

The brown part is the part that goes behind the frame that shows level xp/xp text. So because youve resized the xp bar, the brown has shifted to the right. Dont ask me how to fix that though, ive not looked into UI modding.