lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 09-14-2010, 09:45 PM
The Undying

Notepads

This possibly has been suggested before, but has anyone thought of making an in-game notepad? Sometimes when playing, I get these ideas and plans, and it's hard to remember long enough to find a stopping point and struggle to get to desktop to save it there. Especially when I'm tired and forgetful.
Unread 09-15-2010, 12:07 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Acctually, someone already did. Chiran posted it on the 9th.

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...-Lotropad.html

Keep your eyes open for a full review in the next few days on http://www.lotroui.com
Unread 09-16-2010, 01:07 AM
The Undying

This is good, because now, I have something to put reminders on while in the game.

Is there a plugin that makes my hp and sp bar appear above my character? Maybe also the buffs and debuffs and status effects too?

Last edited by Justin12221 : 09-16-2010 at 01:46 AM.
Unread 09-16-2010, 05:41 AM
The Unscathed

Yes there is. You can find the Palantir plug-in in the download section. There aren't that many plug-ins posted for now, so you should have no trouble finding it.
Unread 09-16-2010, 11:43 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elentir
There aren't that many plug-ins posted for now, so you should have no trouble finding it.
For some odd reason this made me giggle!
Unread 09-16-2010, 04:50 PM
The Undying

I already have the Plantif, but thanks. I meant like how the bars appear above allies and enemies. Is it possible for one to appear above my character?
Unread 09-20-2010, 07:04 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin12221
I already have the Plantif, but thanks. I meant like how the bars appear above allies and enemies. Is it possible for one to appear above my character?
I would have to say no...creating such a bar would be a cakewalk, but the positioning is the tough part. Essentially, there's no way for plugin authors to tell exactly where your head is to place something over it.
Unread 09-22-2010, 08:28 PM
The Undying

I wonder if you could detect the zoom level to place the bar. That way you would set the position of the bar and then the bar would move up or down in relation to how far in you zoomed. You could potential scale the bar to to give it some depth perception...this would only work on your toon obviously.

This is of course dependant on if the API can tell what the zoom level is.
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:04 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olenn
I wonder if you could detect the zoom level to place the bar. That way you would set the position of the bar and then the bar would move up or down in relation to how far in you zoomed. You could potential scale the bar to to give it some depth perception...this would only work on your toon obviously.

This is of course dependant on if the API can tell what the zoom level is.
Unfortunately not...but it is possible to tell if the user is scrolling their mouse wheel. Unfortunately again, this requires the pointer to be over a Lua-created element that is set to be MouseVisible. That in itself isn't that tough...however if the pointer is over something that is MouseVisible, that means it intercepts all mouse events, interfering with actually playing the game.

But yes, technically it's possible to kinda wing it, assume that the player is at the default zoom level (i.e. when they zone in) and adjust the size/height appropriately. However, if you start thinking about all the other variables besides zoom - like a camera that changes zoom on its own (due to being too close to something), or the user moving the camera at some other angle - then it's not likely to be even worth it at this point.

But that would be pretty cool to have access to player and camera position/orientation. I know one project I've been messing with that would definitely improve with that kind of information.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 09-22-2010, 09:50 PM
The Undying

I see what your saying about the auto camera zoom, I didn't think about that. Simply getting mouse wheel input would not work very well, I think, because of the inherrent "overscroll" I assume that most people do when zooming in and out.

Man, my ideas are 0-4 today...lol...maybe I will get one tomorrow.

Thanks again.