lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 06-27-2011, 08:52 AM
The Unscathed

Plugin Updater

This one isn't really meant to be an in-game plugin, but rather a simplified interface that would automagically check for updates to currently installed plugins and, at the users discretion, download and install them. I'm envisioning it being something you would just run outside of LOTRO. What do you all think? Is it even possible?
Unread 06-27-2011, 08:59 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Curse Client / Curse.com springs to mind with this. Im not sure about the ins and outs of its function, but i would guess that for a lotro plugin updater, the program would have to communicate with the website that is hosting the new/updated plugins (lotrointerface).
Unread 06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
The Undying

...Interface (Wowinterface, Lotrointerface and one would assume Riftinterface) would be linked to the MMOUI minion. As I understand it - just takes someone to write the code for the minion. I could be wrong though!
Unread 06-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackdaw
...Interface (Wowinterface, Lotrointerface and one would assume Riftinterface) would be linked to the MMOUI minion. As I understand it - just takes someone to write the code for the minion. I could be wrong though!
You're correct MrJackdaw. We want there to be a module for LotROI, we've just not yet had the time to create it. =/

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 06-27-2011, 11:02 PM
The Unscathed

Took a look at the MMOUI Minion and it is *exactly* what I was envisioning! Oh pleasepleaseplease someone with more skills/talent/brains/intestinal fortitude than I...please tackle this one!

There could be pie involved. Seriously. :P
Unread 06-28-2011, 07:24 PM
The Undying

It's been a wish of ours around here for a while and with Lotro supporting plugins now it would be really nice to see it supported. I know it's a work in progress so I can understand that it's not ready yet. Looking forward to the day that it is.
Unread 09-14-2011, 09:47 AM
The Wary

I know this is a thread that's been around for a while but this would really be AWESOME!!!
Unread 12-28-2011, 02:05 PM
The Undying

I have taken a try at making an updater app. I'm trying to teach myself a little .net as I go. http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ompendium.html