lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 03-09-2008, 11:56 PM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by felgrath
I will have her test it tonight. I will post my results. Weird that Vista cant recgonise a capital letter.
It's not Vista, it's the game being case sensative...Vista doesn't tell the client where to look for the files, the client simply knows where the files should be, and looks there. And as Brygard2007 said, when the game goes to look for the files, the location it looks for is case sensative. I had the same problem at first, and I'm on XP

You can recreate it yourself. Make sure LOTRO is closed, and go to the ui folder. Re-name it using all caps and login. The game will no longer be able to find any skins. Logout, go to the ui folder again, re-name it using all lower case, and log back in. All fixed.
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:22 AM
The Undying

she used winzip to extract them. But I had her try the capital letter thing and it worked like a charm. All the folders had to be lowercase though even the skin's folder. So it is ui/skins/skinname. Thanks for all the help guys.
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:24 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe
It's not Vista, it's the game being case sensative...Vista doesn't tell the client where to look for the files, the client simply knows where the files should be, and looks there. And as Brygard2007 said, when the game goes to look for the files, the location it looks for is case sensative. I had the same problem at first, and I'm on XP

You can recreate it yourself. Make sure LOTRO is closed, and go to the ui folder. Re-name it using all caps and login. The game will no longer be able to find any skins. Logout, go to the ui folder again, re-name it using all lower case, and log back in. All fixed.
I have capital letters in my UI folders and I am running XP pro, and it is running fine for me.
Unread 03-10-2008, 06:29 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Glad it worked out.
I use winxp pro,I had problems before that the client couldn't fin my Ui's when there were capitol letters.
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:05 PM
The Wary

Can't get UI button under "Options"

I'm on Vista and have copied the files to C:\Users\xxx\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins

I open the game and click Options, but I only have Graphics, Adv Graphics, Audio, Key Mapping, and Troubleshoot.

I'm trying to use Yessh_v1.6. I've tried putting the Yessh folder under \skins, and dumping the *contents* of the Yessh folder into \skins (so that there is no Yessh folder at all). Neither seems to work.

Is there a first step mod I haven't installed to open up the UI option?

Thanks!

Shane

Last edited by PEGShane : 05-08-2008 at 06:12 PM. Reason: More info.
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:46 PM
The Undying

You have to be on a character for it to work.
Unread 05-09-2008, 12:13 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Kalex
It would need to be in a Yessh folder. So that the full path to the skin contents would be C:\Ysers\xxx\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins\Yessh

The client looks for the skin definitions in sub-folders of the skins folder, not in the skins folder itself. This allows you to install multiple skins and use different skins on each character if you wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEGShane
I'm on Vista and have copied the files to C:\Users\xxx\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\ui\skins

I open the game and click Options, but I only have Graphics, Adv Graphics, Audio, Key Mapping, and Troubleshoot.

I'm trying to use Yessh_v1.6. I've tried putting the Yessh folder under \skins, and dumping the *contents* of the Yessh folder into \skins (so that there is no Yessh folder at all). Neither seems to work.

Is there a first step mod I haven't installed to open up the UI option?

Thanks!

Shane