lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 10-11-2023, 07:42 AM
The Wary

Multi-select Bag Items

Heyas,

I may have missed this be possible with other plugins, but I'm not convinced I have. One of the biggest annoyances with LOTRO's bag system (aside from the non-scaling thing) is that I can't mass-select items.

For example, if I want to move a few stacks of different types of crafting materials to a carry-all.

Or if I copy a character to Bullroarer, or make a new one, and I don't need to unlock everything from expansions/supporter packs - then I can't mass-drag them out to destroy them.

While I doubt adding that button to the default UI is feasible, is it technically possible with a bag-replacement windows (like the old Huge Bag, or I see One Big Bag)?

I categorise my windows normally so don't want to use one big bag (not the brand, the idea!) but curious what is technically possible. I haven't had chance to learn LUA so apologies for being so wordy.

I'll also understand a one-word answer like "no"
Thanks,

FJ
Unread 10-11-2023, 08:36 AM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Someone more knowledgable than me will tell you if this is possible. However, if this were possible, the server would still have to process the moves one item at a time. There might be some small convenience for you, being able to multi-select and then drag only one time. But then you'd need to wait while the plugin spaces out the move requests so that the server doesn't complain that you need to "slow down, too many requests" or throw an error and bring the process to a complete halt. You couldn't do anything else until the queued moves were complete.
Unread 10-11-2023, 04:50 PM
The Wary

Okay, gotcha. Then it either isn't feasible, or it's not worth doing as, say 20 items might take 20 seconds to reflect anyway if it has to be done line-by-line by the server itself.

Thanks for getting back to me!