lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 06-27-2007, 02:59 PM
The Unscathed

no no, the world view resizes totally to the left monitor showing all of the world with you in the middle of the left monitor.
Unread 06-27-2007, 11:48 PM
The Undying

What I'm getting is this.... TOP wants the entire game on screen one, and an extra space on screen two to put all (or whatever he/she wishes) of his UI elements. In WoW, I believe this was done by rendering your current screen in twos, with one half only the world/character and the other half essentially a blank page, that you could move UI elements to. Then, you could stretch that out over two monitors making it seem like two seperate programs...
Unread 06-28-2007, 06:14 AM
The Unscathed

bingo
Unread 06-28-2007, 01:04 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kava
What I'm getting is this.... TOP wants the entire game on screen one, and an extra space on screen two to put all (or whatever he/she wishes) of his UI elements. In WoW, I believe this was done by rendering your current screen in twos, with one half only the world/character and the other half essentially a blank page, that you could move UI elements to. Then, you could stretch that out over two monitors making it seem like two separate programs...
That is exactly what I did for a while in WoW, however I utilized Visor to move and minimize the "rendered" space (world view) and left the other space empty like you describe. I at the moment, don't see any way this could be done with LotRO. We need an interface that allows add ons etc before it could happen (unless the devs want to incorporate the visor like functionality into the App)
Unread 06-29-2007, 08:39 AM
The Unscathed

it would only require a switch to the render window to set max width to a variable that a user can adjust to the power of 2. as long as the gui stuff isnt glued onto the render window (floats over it, which it appears to do so because you can move/resize gui items)
Unread 06-29-2007, 03:26 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I don't see a feature like this coming at us anytime soon, but it sure would be a handy feature. I don't ever use my second monitor because it is a different size than my primary (and it's not even widescreen) but it would be nice to just throw over the info windows to another monitor so they don't block field of view in the primary window.

Add this to the wishlist, Frosty!