lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 07-02-2007, 02:22 AM
The Wary

Music

Is there a way that we could get different music in the game? I loved the music composed for the movies. Would this violate anything? The heroic music heard in the Bridge of Khazad Dum would be really nice to hear during long instances.
Unread 07-02-2007, 04:49 AM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Turn the volume for the music in the options, start you favorite mp3-player (or even CD!) with the musik you want to hear.

That's all you need to do. And no, its not possible to change music without hacking into the dat-files, which surely ist not allowed by the eula and copyright laws, despite the fact, that the patcher would restore the original dat-files.

Maybe there is a solution with directories, some apps do look for a directorystructure, and if this exists it would load files from there.

But: This site yout UI and interface and this has obsolutely nothing to do with ui and interfaces....
Unread 07-02-2007, 06:06 AM
The Unscathed

yep, music down, insert your lotr soundtrack cd, windowed mode lotro and play.

now you too can be frodo of the shire!
Unread 07-02-2007, 06:06 AM
The Unscathed

if i was frodo i would have sacked the orchestra for not helping me with the fights i was in.. lazy bastards

(imagine frodo and gang struggling along with full orchestra out of camera view behind them :P )
Unread 07-02-2007, 07:12 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

The Cellists would win every time!
Unread 12-19-2007, 11:01 AM
The Wary

Music Mods

I undersand this site is about the UI and interface, but understand not all companies administrating MMOs consider altering the music to go against the rules. There are guides how to alter music on game forums for some time now. SWG for example, is an easy game to alter the music files, to which SOE has allowed a music mod guide on the forums. I think this poster is saying he would rather hear the battle music for the movies kick in when fighting as opposed to the game music. Just thought I would give my two cents worth.
Unread 12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
The Undefeated

yeah it would be nice to see howard shores music ingame, the lotro music is disgracefully bad and fails to produce that middle-earth feeling we see in the movies.
Unread 12-29-2007, 07:01 AM
The Undefeated

Quote:
the lotro music is disgracefully bad
I disagree, personally i love the in game music, yeah sure its not like the film but the game is based on the books not the films. Of course its all a mater of taste, maybe ill get bored of the music in time
Unread 12-29-2007, 09:40 AM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolit
I disagree, personally i love the in game music, yeah sure its not like the film but the game is based on the books not the films. Of course its all a mater of taste, maybe ill get bored of the music in time
Agreed

The ingame music is IMO nice and variated. - the combat shouts on the other hand...

Oh - and I love that parry-sound of ringing metal
Unread 01-01-2008, 10:09 AM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolit
the game is based on a mix of the book and the films, the visual themes in the game are directly used from peter jacksons idea's.