lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 07-19-2008, 01:25 PM
The Wary

functional UI's/addons/mods

Hello,
First let me start by saying, im not bitching or trying to start a fight. I have an honest question Now understand I have been playing everquest 1 for 8 years, switched to everquest 2 when it came out, raided hard core, tried wow recently, and now decided to give lotro a go because people were so nice during the trial whenever i asked a question, no shouting "noob! go delete you char!" lol so, this is what leads up to my question, does this game allow for functional mods? for example in everquest 2 you could get a completly healer designed UI, instant clicky cures ( what ailed a member poped up next to their name and you would click it and it cured it!) to all sorts of tools that bettered your game. does any ui mods here do that? most I have looked at dont have a very good description of what they do which leads me to believe they are just cosmetic? either way let me know if im wrong or right! hehe thank you in advance.
Unread 07-19-2008, 03:45 PM
The Undying

Ctrl+\ can move a few things around. Some UI mods move more (like the bag buttons) or get rid of some things. Nothing else.
Unread 07-19-2008, 06:28 PM
The Wary

aww thats such a shame, other then the UI and or ability to add mods im liking this game so far. OH to live without mods..... /sniffle hehe
Unread 08-06-2008, 04:30 PM
The Wary

Functional UI's/addons/mods

You can create hotkeys to mimic some of the UI addons we are used to in EQ2. I used Fetish Nightfall, so this is HUGE leap for me to be on a standard interface with no mods again, but it does seem to work well once you get things situated.

I am unsure as to why the community here does not do interface mods to make the classes easier to raid and high end instance with at times. /shrug Guess they mostly like the custom UI.

I'm also an EQ2/EQ refugee so to speak in LotR now. Had alot of fun with it and looking forward to playing a lot more.
Unread 08-06-2008, 04:36 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by vainskitty
I am unsure as to why the community here does not do interface mods to make the classes easier to raid and high end instance with at times. /shrug Guess they mostly like the custom UI.
It's because it's impossible and/or against the End User License Agreement.