lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 11-29-2010, 11:26 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

LocalPlayer (a table value)? WTH

Ok, logged in today and tried to get my plugins loaded. Checked my order of processing and everything seems good.

Got this stream of errors about LocalPlayer

... Online\Plugins\KragenPlugs\KragenBars\ChampBars.lu a:119: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
Bevy O' Bars version 3.1b by MrJackdaw - enjoy!
...he Rings Online\Plugins\JackdawPlugins\Bevy\Main.lua:53: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
...ngs Online\Plugins\OneBigBag\Bag\OneBigBagWindow.lua:1 04: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
BuffBars v1.1.4 by Pengoros
...Online\Plugins\DigitalUtopia\Palantir\MainWindo w.lua:51: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
Loaded plugin "manager".
You have spotted a creature attempting to move stealthily about.
... Online\Plugins\KragenPlugs\KragenBars\ChampBars.lu a:119: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
...he Rings Online\Plugins\JackdawPlugins\Bevy\Main.lua:53: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
...Online\Plugins\DigitalUtopia\Palantir\MainWindo w.lua:51: attempt to call field 'LocalPlayer' (a table value)
[Kinship] Gonzostyle: very nice
BuffBars v1.1.4 by Pengoros

I heard about making sure that you have the window visible and it is set in the Main.lua file and is <object>.SetVisible(true)

Outside of that im afraid they may have simplified the Framework without posting an updated library.
Unread 11-30-2010, 12:03 AM
The Indomitable

Send a message via Skype™ to Kaisoul
its been known that would happen and some authors have posted updates to fix that already. Just have some patients or go fix it your self ^_^
Unread 11-30-2010, 07:39 AM
The Undying

You should post error in the appropriate file comments or in a tell to the author
Unread 11-30-2010, 12:23 PM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Please check the appropriate pages for those plugins, as many authors have already released updates that compensate for the changes that came with the most recent game update.

In this particular case, the game update changed the behavior of the LocalPlayer class - which is used to access the player. Instead of calling it like:

player = Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer();

you now need to do:

player = Turbine.Gameplay.LocalPlayer.GetInstance();

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 11-30-2010, 05:13 PM
The Undying

I have updated the SVN version of Bevy Bars with this line, Thanks Digital Utopia!, but I don't want to push it live yet.

The file you need to replace can be accessed here... Although I am not 100% certain you won't need the other files from there...

EDIT: And I, of course, can't test this being in the EU...