lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 07-01-2013, 10:04 PM
The Wary

Cappy Buffs

Anyone could make a small buff window for captains? It could include every skills that have a duration, check/uncheck buffs you want to show up in the window like MinstrelBuff but for cappy. With a tiny pixel bar under the icon to show the time left on the skill or choose a timer with exact seconds for more accuracy.

Image example: http://imgur.com/WMbaqU1

Skills would be static on screen, always on, greyed out or darkened when inactive. Position on screen movable for single, packs or whole. Letting us make the packs of skills would be nice, with some default suggested ones.

Thanks in advance! I have no idea how hard that would be to make, some feedback would be appreciated.
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:50 AM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Since no one seems to jump the queue, I'll post my opinion.
I started my plugin "bufficons" mostly beause of my captain, which became my main char with the RoR instance cluster (because that group content sucks for burglars, IMHO).

I have considered a separate captain buff display, but there are a couple of things to consider:
  • you can only identify effects (besides a few non-unique properties) by its name, but not by a generic ID. That means you need to take care of localizations or it won't work. Also translation gets tweaked ever so often, so it will need maintenance.
  • there's so many captain buffs. When displaying them all with static location, it's a massive UI element. Only displaying a selection will probably need configurable presets, because at least my captain changes traits frequently.
  • writing the UI for all required settings is already a lot of work, and needs yet more localization work.
  • turbine announced massive class changes, so by the time you're done with all this, you may have to start all over already.

So in short, I won't start working on a captain specific interface anytime soon. I'd rather work towards fully custom buff icon sets, comparable to what Buffbars features, and have other people develop their own presets they want to share. But that's all still written in the stars...

-edit-
But feel free to fork my plugin, or reuse useful parts.