lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 12-07-2020, 06:58 AM
The Wary

Altoholic tracker

E.g. WoW or ESO all offer various addons for tracking information about alts, but Lotro is lacking in that regard: Lotro has AltInventory for inventory-related information and several long-outdated alt tracker addons.

For simplicity's sake I'd like to see the following in an altoholic tracker:
- Character name
- Current level
- Number of trait points
- Reputations
- Crafting vocation with name + current levels(if that's even possible)
- Discovered instances(if that's even possible)
- Level of LI legacies, especially after imbuement(if that's even possible)
- Some way of determining the last epic book quest a character did(if that's even possible)

Last edited by Myrthian : 12-07-2020 at 07:02 AM.
Unread 12-07-2020, 11:15 AM
The Undefeated

I have over 80 alts, and my wife has many more than that, so tracking some basic info is very useful for us.

I have a personal plugin that allows me to create a CSV file with the followings columns:

Code:
Date,Time,Account,Server,Player,Race,Class,Lvl
The date and time are the timestamp for the last event for a character. This is valid even if the client shuts down with the black quit screen, but not if the client crashes.

It requires a lot of manual initialization at this time, e.g to set up server level Lua files with the server name for each server. I believe this info is now available in the output from a /loc command.

The code to create the CSV file is a bash script that requires a Cygwin install to provide grep, sed, sort, etc. I could probably rewrite this to use python3.

I don't have a way to distinguish between multiple subscriptions in the same account. If you don't know what this means, you probably have one subscription per account.

Unfortunately a lot of the info you would like to see can not be retrieved through the Lua API. Some of these could be captured by continuously monitoring messages in the chat channels usually displayed in the General chat tab. I currently do this some of this by logging the chat tabs and analyzing the logs outside the game.

BTW, I am RingTailCat from lotro-wiki.com.
Unread 12-08-2020, 05:02 AM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingTailCat
I have over 80 alts, and my wife has many more than that, so tracking some basic info is very useful for us.

I have a personal plugin that allows me to create a CSV file with the followings columns:

Code:
Date,Time,Account,Server,Player,Race,Class,Lvl
The date and time are the timestamp for the last event for a character. This is valid even if the client shuts down with the black quit screen, but not if the client crashes.

It requires a lot of manual initialization at this time, e.g to set up server level Lua files with the server name for each server. I believe this info is now available in the output from a /loc command.

The code to create the CSV file is a bash script that requires a Cygwin install to provide grep, sed, sort, etc. I could probably rewrite this to use python3.

I don't have a way to distinguish between multiple subscriptions in the same account. If you don't know what this means, you probably have one subscription per account.

Unfortunately a lot of the info you would like to see can not be retrieved through the Lua API. Some of these could be captured by continuously monitoring messages in the chat channels usually displayed in the General chat tab. I currently do this some of this by logging the chat tabs and analyzing the logs outside the game.

BTW, I am RingTailCat from lotro-wiki.com.
That is a lot of work for a workaround to provide data for only a few fields.

In that case it seems to be far easier to create an addon for an in-game spreadsheet and use the few API calls available to fill in specific fields and have the user fill in the rest manually.

Titanbar already offers gold, currency, experience and reputation trackers: maybe that/a similar code can be used to fill in those fields or rather give the user a GUI to do so in the spreadsheet?
Unread 12-08-2020, 08:32 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

All of it can be somewhat tracked by monitoring chatchannels, each of them presents some challenges, and would also require manual setup for existing characters.
Some of the functionality is in other plugins already
- Character name
-- pretty much all of the tracking plugins use name as index

- Current level (titanbar)

- Number of trait points
-- Class Trait Points Checklist - manual, but some parts of it could be made automatic, think it only show logged character but that can be changed easily

- Reputations
-- titanbar - again think it only show logged character but thats just how it is made, the data for other chars are there so could be displayed

- Crafting vocation with name + current levels(if that's even possible)
-- BOF - Band Of Farmers - originally german, think its translated now

- Discovered instances(if that's even possible)
-- dont know about any plugin for this but since discovering instance generate line in chat "You have discovered ..." plugin could be made to monitor it

- Level of LI legacies, especially after imbuement(if that's even possible)
-- dont know about plugin, i actually thought this would not be possible at all. but went to game to look what chatlines generate different things and it seems you could somewhat track it, however i think you cant determine which legacy you used the anfalas scroll on, also i think the XP distribution is not always even between legacies - but might be wrong

- Some way of determining the last epic book quest a character did (if that's even possible)
-- dont know about plugin, theoretically trackable trough chat, provides also a challenge to what is considered as last quest if you suddenly skip part of the book - think it would be easier to just look at completed quests

Final thought:
Im not going to attempt make this plugin, as i have some my own ideas that i would like to make and still havent time to do so (mostly because i also enjoy playing the game )
Unread 04-09-2021, 05:30 PM
The Indomitable

AltHolic

I wrote an addon that is doiing most of what you are looking

have a check of it and let me know what you think of it

I start using TitanBar, but the plugin does not display all the informations i wanted for other characters
that i have so i had to rewrote most of the plugin

have a check here
AltHolic

Last edited by homeopatix : 04-09-2021 at 05:32 PM.
Unread 03-03-2023, 09:54 AM
The Wary

After reviewing the character API, it's possible to access that data outside of the game. I'm considering looking into a way to mine and aggregate that data in a meaningful way.
https://momix.click/
https://indigocard.xyz/

Last edited by thakgya44 : 03-15-2023 at 12:54 AM.
Unread 03-07-2023, 05:20 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by thakgya44
After reviewing the character API, it's possible to access that data outside of the game. I'm considering looking into a way to mine and aggregate that data in a meaningful way.
Why would you reinvent the wheel if LotroCompanion exists? https://sourceforge.net/projects/lotrocompanion/