lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 05-27-2022, 02:44 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I know this is a bit of an older post but I've just started adding the mettle bar into my skin and I'm wondering if you've figured out the mettle full display?

Is it possible they are using a sprite sheet that's animated by the engine since you can't have an animated TGA. What's more likely is it's some compilation of TGA files making the animation.

What I can't figure out how to do is either view the dat files, or which one to look into for this info.

Has anyone ever been able to unpack the various pak files? I can view a bit of info in a hex editor but I can't seem to figure out how to uncompress them.
Unread 05-28-2022, 07:09 AM
The Undying

My feeling about this point is they started to do it as usual with regular TGA picture files and finally changed the last picture without documenting it.

I have no new information about how to replace it with a custom picture.
Adra/Adragor/Osred from Sirannon.
Derelos/Prurit/Karnaj from Evernight.
Unread 05-28-2022, 12:09 PM
The Undying

is the pip an animation (if so can someone post a pic)? Do we know what the asset name is for it? I can try looking for it.

nvm.. I see the 9th one is an animation. Does mapping tag support gif or apng?

Last edited by lunarwtr : 05-28-2022 at 04:19 PM.
Unread 05-28-2022, 05:59 PM
The Unscathed

It does seem to be as luna said, that the final 9th state is actually its own set of images which animate the pip pulsing, rather than being a single image.

Unread 05-29-2022, 10:35 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftedplane
I know this is a bit of an older post but I've just started adding the mettle bar into my skin and I'm wondering if you've figured out the mettle full display?

Is it possible they are using a sprite sheet that's animated by the engine since you can't have an animated TGA. What's more likely is it's some compilation of TGA files making the animation.

What I can't figure out how to do is either view the dat files, or which one to look into for this info.

Has anyone ever been able to unpack the various pak files? I can view a bit of info in a hex editor but I can't seem to figure out how to uncompress them.
It is an array of TGAs along with a duration and whether it loops or not. I'm leaning on the side that skins just aren't capable of handling the animation elements. Has someone tried mapping just a single TGA to the 9th pip?

It is named "mettle_9_Pips_9pips"

Another thought is perhaps we're suppose to leave the sequenced TGAs in skinning folder like... mettle_9_Pips_9pips0001.tga mettle_9_Pips_9pips0002.tga etc.. and then specify the non-indexed version in map.

Last edited by lunarwtr : 05-29-2022 at 10:38 AM.
Unread 05-30-2022, 12:07 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarwtr
It is an array of TGAs along with a duration and whether it loops or not. I'm leaning on the side that skins just aren't capable of handling the animation elements. Has someone tried mapping just a single TGA to the 9th pip?

It is named "mettle_9_Pips_9pips"

Another thought is perhaps we're suppose to leave the sequenced TGAs in skinning folder like... mettle_9_Pips_9pips0001.tga mettle_9_Pips_9pips0002.tga etc.. and then specify the non-indexed version in map.
How do I view the info in the .dat files or unpack the pak files? Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

I'm guessing there's nobody in SSG who cares enough to update the info for us, nobody we can reach out to?
Unread 05-30-2022, 02:17 AM
The Unscathed

Quote:
How do I view the info in the .dat files or unpack the pak files? Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

I'm guessing there's nobody in SSG who cares enough to update the info for us, nobody we can reach out to?
Yes, it does seems that way.

Luna did recently release an unofficial U32_UISkinArtPack, along with new skin dictionary, asset ids etc. although I'm failing to find the link for the artpack right now, however they should be releasing an updated version with extra definitions and assets in the very near future, so keep checking back here.
Unread 05-30-2022, 09:35 AM
The Undying

Quote:

There are several projects working with pulling data from .dat
Unread 05-31-2022, 08:36 PM
The Undying

thanks
Unread 02-11-2023, 12:59 AM
The Wary

I guess your assetDiff compares present ingame content compared to U25 skinning pack content.

panoramacharter.ltd

Last edited by aawetu : 02-18-2023 at 03:05 AM.