lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > Lua Programming Help (L)

Unread 10-13-2010, 02:23 PM
The Indomitable
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Lua Ide

Can anyone recommend a good LUA IDE that has syntax highlighting and auto-completion/Intellisense (including functions from imported libraries). I'd really like something like Visual Studio. I am currently using LuaEdit but it isn't much more than notepad with basic lua syntax highlighting.
Unread 10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
The Undefeated

Intellisense for lua would be very hard to implement because it is not strong typed language. You could make some basic auto completion, but thats it. Use pspad/notepad++/komodo/ultraedit. I personally tried all of them and komodo won, however notepad++ is much more lightweight.
Unread 10-13-2010, 05:21 PM
The Undefeated

I use notepad++ but it's a little TOO lightweight. I too would like a better IDE.
Unread 11-13-2010, 03:12 PM
The Undying

Problem is that LUA is a table storage language. Alot of the information being stored is usually intiated by the "Host" application which in most senses can be anything. There are some framework constants that will always be there, such as the metadata and some "properties" but for the most part that is all a "GOOD" IDE could do is provide the core-basics that would be available.

Now if for some reason, Turbine released a better LUA class structure than the one they have provided, then an IDE with good intellisense would work well.