lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 07-31-2007, 11:59 AM
The Wary

Wierd graphic behavior.... anyone seen this before?

I wonder, if i have something set wrong in my LOTRO config/interface somewhere...

I am mostly all max settings, game works well, i get no problem at all... except for this:

WARNING Large picture - 1680x1050

The monitor is brand new, and if i try another monitor, i still get this glitch, so it's not the monitor, and it's not the videocard, as i replaced my old x1950txt for a 2900XT and still have same glitch... replaced video drivers a couple of times, i got catalyst 7.7 right now.

Can you see under my player name, top left corner, you can see like 7-8 shadow spots... they are always there, and only in LOTRO... i don't have anything of this in any other games and or program... I am wondering what's causing this behavior...

Thanks
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Credendo Vides
Premium Member
LOTROInterface Admin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I see them. Hmmmm, I'm trying to recall - is there an option to have a "background" behind the fellowship bars? Because that's almost what it looks like to me. It's like you are getting a shadow or "impression" from status bars. *ponders*

Co-Founder & Admin: MMOUI
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Unread 07-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Tools and UI Engineer

what skin are you using?

If the skin overrides "black_translucent.tga" then it could certainly be the fellowship mini vitals... but I'm unclear why they would be showing up at all... if the panel is hidden, we shouldn't be drawing any of the graphics.

is it still really visible when the refresh rate of the monitor is changing? I'll admit i'm guessing here...

-P
Unread 07-31-2007, 07:26 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

try changing the monitor resolution, refresh rate (enable sync in the game), and turn off ansitropic filtering and antialiasing. See if any of that changes it. Also might try downgrading the video card drivers (be sure to use a driver sweeper before installing new ones - check out guru3d.com for info on that).

LotRO has some serious glitches with the latest video cards and drivers - something I hope the developers address asap. To be honest, I'd rather see some bug fixes for video glitches than book 10 updates or XML modding - and you all know how much I want my XML!
Unread 08-01-2007, 09:45 AM
The Wary

Well, i found out what is causing the problem, but i really can't solve it...

It's not interface related, cause, i checked out already with CTRL+\ and there is nothing in that area (when i move them around and nothing is there, those 8 shadow are still there)

Instead, i got my sleeves up yesterday, and reset my graphics to default and worked my way around up top... and found out that.... when i activate:

Post Processing Effects

It pops up... when i deactivate it, it goes away... i tried removing other effects when post processing are enabled without change, so obviously, post-processing effects are the cause... but i wonder, what's doing this!

I also posted screenshots on LOTRO forums in the video section, but here is the screenshot showing the result with post processing effects on and off...

Post Processing Effects = Off

Post Processing Effects = On
Unread 08-01-2007, 03:01 PM
Tools and UI Engineer

when you turn those post processing effects on, try messing with the anti-aliasing options to see if you can get it to go away.

-P
Unread 08-01-2007, 11:23 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

It's ghosts in the machine ... THEY are watching you.

Did you try turning bloom down to its lowest setting with post processing on?
Unread 10-28-2007, 04:18 AM
The Wary

This is a know bug with the ATI2900 graphics card and possibly the ASUS PK5 Deluxe motherboard. dropping blur effects to low will get rid of it and you don't have to turn off post processing.

It has nothing to do with interfaces.

Check this thread

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...t=strange+bars

and then BUG IT INGAME!

we all want this fixed and I don't think it is getting much attention.