Of Special Note:
Epic Volume 4: Book 9
Witness the fate of the One Ring and Sauron! The Epic quest line reaches a major milestone, and remains free to all players.
The Black Book of Mordor
We begin a new story in Update 21 that will continue in future updates. Travel beyond the Black Gate, seek treasure and conquest, and discover what happens when the Free People enter a land of evil and corruption.
Explore Gorgoroth, including:
Level Cap Increase
- Udûn, the entryway that holds great forges, quarries, and parade grounds of Mordor.
- Dor Amarth, the rocky plain holding the broken bones of Barad-dur
- Talath Úrui, located south of Mount Doom, home to key fortresses, prisons, and military establishments.
- Lhingris, west of the Morgai ridge, home to Cirith Ungol.
- Agarnaith, a valley southeast of Barad-dur with a dense, pestilent, and bloody swampland.
The level cap has been raised to 115.
This new end-game system allows players to pledge their allegiance to one faction at a time. Pledge yourself to the Dwarves, Elves, Hobbits, or Men, and unlock rewards through activities in Mordor, including a unique story arc! Players will accrue Allegiance Points which advance your character along a given Allegiance. These points can be earned through acquiring items found in Mordor, completing repeatable quests, and more.
Light of Eärendil/Shadow
Areas of Shadow can be found in varying intensity throughout Mordor. These areas weaken visitors, but the Light of Eärendil can counteract this darkness. Your character will see a Shadow and Light Rating, which will help you understand the threat posed by the Shadow. Items that grant Light of Eärendil can be found in Mordor.
- A Frill Density slider has been added to the Advanced Graphics tab under "Scenery". This option adjusts the amount of frills loaded onto a scene as a percentage.
- The Advanced Graphics tab now has an added Particle Effects header with three options: Dynamic Particle Rendering, Precipitation Effects, and Static Environmental Objects.
- Particle Rendering allows the player to choose which particle effects to render. The options are None, Me, Me + Targets, Targets, and All.
- Precipitation Effects will disable weather effects, such as rain and snow.
- Static Environmental Objects will select whether to draw particle effects on immobile objects.
Source and full patch notes.
- A second 10 Year VIP Portrait Frame is now available to qualified players.
- Settings that are saved in the userpreferences.ini file, such as graphics preferences, are now saved to disk when the character options panel is closed. This aims to reduce occurrences of settings being lost due to client crashes.
- The Yes emote now appears in the Chat Window Emote Menu.