lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 12-09-2010, 06:10 PM
The Undefeated

Looking for a Skin

Hi everyone :D, so here is the thing, I've played a mmo called Runes of Magic for 2 years, now I changed to Lotro and i'm looking for a skin that looks the same i had. I've tried Daimon skins (the Moria skin is so cool but with my low resolution, the artwork takes almost 1/3 of the total height) and some other but i'm not fully confortable with them, i'm so used to my old UI. I also tried to do a skin by myself but can't figure it out well.

Here is a screenshot of my old UI:
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/852...0615230004.png

And some of the things i'm looking for:
-No artwork on the quickslot bars, just clean, resizeable and movable
-Store,bag and all other buttons at bottom right
-Quickslot bars at the bottom not centered but a bit to the right side, so the chatbox fits at bottom left without invading anything (i'm using 1280x800, with the default lotro UI the chatbox is on top of all the buttons)
-Buffs & debuffs next to the minimap
-Hunter focus bar like in this skin http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/full765.jpg

I't pretty much like in the Runes of Magic picture. I'm enjoying lotro so much, but I really need a confortable UI as i play a lot. So if there is something like this and i missed it, please tell me about it, or if anyone can tell me how to do it myself i'll be so much grateful :) Also please excuse my bad english :p

Last edited by Theowyn : 12-09-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Unread 12-09-2010, 10:11 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hmm... the Runes of Magic user interface looks interesting. Nice and clean. Some of your requests aren't possible to modify but in general the RoM user interface could be replicated.

Several changes you can make yourself using the default user interface. You can move the quickslot bars yourself by unlocking them (options --> quickslots --> uncheck "Dock Bar X") and moving their location (key mapping shortcut for "Reposition UI"). You can also scale the quickslot bars yourself (options --> ui settings --> ui settings --> "Quickslot Bars"). The buffs and debuffs are attached to your character's vitals window. It's possible to create a custom skin to remove them but you might want to look into using one of the LUA tools like BuffBars to display buffs/debuffs.

Moving the toolbar buttons to the bottom right can be done with a custom skin. What do you mean by "no artwork on the quickslot bars"? Do you mean no placeholders at all? Just the skills floating in space? That could also be done with a custom skin. You already know you can change the hunter focus bar like in the example you linked.

Hopefully that gets you a little bit closer to the ui you want without messing with any xml files and graphics.
Unread 12-10-2010, 11:43 AM
The Undefeated

Thanks for the response ZhuHanuku :) , i knew about the reposition UI option but i was refering to the quickslots attached to the main toolbar, you can't move those. I didn't know about Buffbars addon, i'll take a look at it.
I downloaded some skins to see how the code on .xml files is and i was able to do one by myself, the artwork and all of the buttons are hidden now, i probably did it the wrong way (I did set everything to W=1, H=1 xD) but it works tough :D.

Here is what i did:

RoMalike.zip

and here is what it looks like:

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/1528/dibujohmw.jpg

As you can see next to the chatbox the Hunter focus is triplicated (all 3 of them work, but i just want one :D) also it should have 9 slots, not 5 and a half, and i can't figure out what is the problem. The skin i took the .tga (Multibar Clean toolbar addon) files from had no other code than the one i did put on my .xml.
Also the experience bar isn't centered, and i'd like it to occupy all the bottom of the screen (1280 pixels). Could you tell me just how to do those two things? with this and buffbars it might look completly the same as in RoM. Thanks in advance.

edit: Also if you could tell me how to reposition the hunter focus bar once it's fixed, that'll be great ^^

Last edited by Theowyn : 12-10-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Unread 12-12-2010, 10:55 AM
The Undefeated

Nevermind, i did it myself

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/3...shot00028i.jpg

I also added Fireferns outfit preview, mail and vendor windows, I'll attach it in case anyone is interested

Edit: I still have a problem with the exp bar

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6...shot00028k.jpg

There's a darker part, i can't get rid of it, please help
Attached Files
File Type: zip RoMalike.zip (491.2 KB, 543 views)

Last edited by Theowyn : 12-12-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Unread 12-12-2010, 06:01 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Very nice, especially the focus bar! I hope the xml wasn't too painful.

I think the darker area is the "glass" overlay for the level and experience text. You can remove it by adding the following code where blank.tga is a fully transparent graphics file. You can use that trick for other graphics as well. You might want to look at Black Vellum Toolbars for examples.

Code:
<Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_glass_overlay" FileName="blank.tga" />
Unread 12-14-2010, 01:56 PM
The Undefeated

It's not working :( I looked at Black Vellum toolbars code, and wrote it the same, i think. blank.tga and .xml are on the same folder.

Code:
<opt>

<SkinName Name="RoMalike"></SkinName>

<PanelFile ID="ID_UISkin_Toolbar">
		<Element ID="ToolbarField" X="0" Y="0" Width="1280" Height="800" Detach="1">
			<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain" X="128" Y="936" Width="1280" Height="800"/> 
			<Element ID="LevelMeter" X="2" Y="795" Width="1268" Height="9">
				<Element ID="LevelMeterFill" X="3" Y="0" Width="1267" Height="6">
					<Element ID="LevelMeter_BonusMeter" X="3" Y="0" Width="1267" Height="6" />
				</Element>
				<Element ID="ToolbarButton_LevelUpXP_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" /> 
				<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Experience_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" /> 
				<Element ID="LevelMeterText" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1"/>

</Element>

<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Glass_Overlay" X="10" Y="10" Width="10" Height="10" />

<Element ID="Toolbar_Quickslot" X="1" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1" /> 
			<Element ID="AutoAttackIndicatorButton" X="1" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1" /> 
			<Element ID="ViolentModeIndicator" X="1" Y="1" Width="1" Height="1" /> 
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_AutoAttack_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />

<Element ID="GamePlay_FervorPipDisplay" X="497" Y="695" Width="199" Height="19" /> 
			<Element ID="GamePlay_AimPipDisplay" X="497" Y="695" Width="199" Height="19" />

<Element ID="ToolBarButton_MainMenu" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="Toolbar_WebstoreButton" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_CustomizeSlots" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" /> 
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_1" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_2" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_3" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_4" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_5" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_6" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Slot_7" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_1" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_2" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_3" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_4" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_5" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_6" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_RightSlot_7" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Left_Cap" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Right_Cap" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarButton_Restxp_TutorialHighlight" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Mid_Left_Cap" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
			<Element ID="ToolbarFieldMain_LevelMeter_Mid_Right_Cap" X="0" Y="0" Width="1" Height="1" />
		</Element>

</PanelFile>

<!-- Toolbar -->
	  <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom" FileName="letterbox_bottom_XP.tga"></Mapping>
	  <Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_glass_overlay" FileName="blank.tga"></Mapping>

</opt>

Last edited by Theowyn : 12-14-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Unread 12-14-2010, 03:08 PM
The Wary

I had the same issue with the BV Toolbars, getting grey blobs everywhere blank.tga was references. The file seems to be missing.

I copied a "invisible.tga" file from someone elses interface, edited the references from blank to invisible, and got the BV Tiny XP bar working to my satisfaction.

I just registered to be able to say this, hope it is helpful.

Thanks for the BV Toolbar, love the tiny !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhuHanuku
Very nice, especially the focus bar! I hope the xml wasn't too painful.

I think the darker area is the "glass" overlay for the level and experience text. You can remove it by adding the following code where blank.tga is a fully transparent graphics file. You can use that trick for other graphics as well. You might want to look at Black Vellum Toolbars for examples.

Code:
<Mapping ArtAssetID="letterbox_bottom_glass_overlay" FileName="blank.tga" />