lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 07-08-2009, 04:21 AM
The Wary

Status alerts, on the player character, teammates and mobs

Hey there, nice site you've got here, but a lot of different mods to flip through!

I'm mostly happy with the lotro interface as-is (though those minimalist UI mods might steal me away), but there is one thing that's been bugging me.

Generally, I wish the game would alert me to certain changes in status effects, whether for myself or for someone I should be healing, or even an enemy mob. For example, if a particular nasty wound is placed on me, one that demands immediate use of a pot, it would be nice if the game alerted me rather than hope I just happen to notice that little, innocuous-looking icon.

Similarly, a notice about when certain positive effects wear off would be nice too (for example, when Flurry on my champ expires), so I know to reapply them.

If I put an effect on a mob, it would be nice to know when it wears off, like when a debuff that's useful to my RK (i.e. that increases damage for Epic Conclusion) is applied, or when it wears off. maybe even visible timers for the status effects.

And lastly, as a healer, something that better show what tier of Writ of Health is on a teammate, or when it's going to wear off.

So, has any mods done this yet? If not, it'd be the most helpful mdo ever
Unread 07-08-2009, 10:39 AM
The Undefeated

Great idea!

This is something that I also have wanted for a while and is a brilliant idea.

However, I'm not sure whether this is possible with current sknning powers: we would have to have the .tga file for all (de)buffs icons and we don't have them.

But I could be wrong, as I'm really not too good at this, so let's keep hopes high!
Gollum: Sneaking.
Unread 07-08-2009, 12:21 PM
The Undying

Well, he's right. We can't do anything like that. At all.
Unread 07-10-2009, 10:37 PM
The Wary

Ah, that is a shame. Thank you for the responses.

Maybe turbine itself will clue in and add such functionality one day!