lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Developer Discussions > General Authoring Discussion (L)

Unread 12-19-2010, 05:11 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

New version of Bevy O' Bars

My new version of Bevy O' Bars is moving apace. I am completely re-doing it from the ground up to take advantage of what I understand now of classes. Thanks DeusDictum and DigitalUtopia!

It is different enough from the current version that save files will not transfer.

However, it does have;
  • Faders are now completely optional
  • Stance bars make an appearance at last!
  • Re-sizeable quickslots! Nice big icons or really tiny ones - take your pick!

I would like to make it available for alpha testing to brave fellows, and am looking for volunteers!

Please, post below and if I get more than zero I will post the files here.
Unread 12-19-2010, 09:00 AM
The Wary

Tester #1?

MJD,

Throw it up here. I'd like to give it run. I'm putting in some pretty good hours on my Warden lately. I can get you some feedback.

baldsam
Unread 12-19-2010, 12:55 PM
The Undying

Alpha of Bevy O' Bars II

Here is a screenshot...

Now for the file...

Again, this is an alpha release - all I want is a bit of feedback on what does/doesn't work.

To enable other modules type /BB module

As far as I am aware the file is virus free etc. and shouldn't render your PC into a pile of molten ring-slag. However... use at your own risk.

EDIT: Bah, couple of bugs already. Well, that is the nature of an Alpha release! If you enable fader, then create a new bar it can throw an error. Reload the plugin for now - fix in next release. Selecting the stance module for those without stances throws an error too. Well? What do you expect! *grin*

EDIT: Forgot to say - you need Turbines standard code and DeusDictums Dragbar too...

UPDATE: Uploaded a new version with popups and more included. Much more stable, but still in flux.

UPDATE: Fixed a few bugs. See Main.Lua for details.

Last edited by MrJackdaw : 12-28-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Unread 12-20-2010, 12:27 PM
The Unscathed

Does it (or will it) include default configs for certain classes...i.e. like Minstrel in your screenshots?
Unread 12-20-2010, 12:57 PM
The Undying

The stance module detects your class, when enabled, and populates the drop down menu with the various stances - then you can select which stances a bar will appear under. I have used the list in the Turbine code. This is missing a few stances, but I have included a NASTY HACK! that gets around it. Guardian's threat stance is missing text for example.
Unread 12-20-2010, 01:24 PM
The Unscathed

Thanks! I will give this a try tonight!
Unread 12-20-2010, 02:27 PM
The Undying

Just remember how "alpha" it is - I am finding bugs now and fixing them as I go along.
Unread 12-20-2010, 09:58 PM
The Unscathed

i cant figure out how to use it...all i see is a black square with 9 slots in it. lol. i guess i'm stupid.
Unread 12-21-2010, 03:08 AM
The Undying

Nah, just zero documentation! Unlock your UI and a button should appear in teh top left hand corner. Play with the button!

If you delete all your bars by accident either delete your settings in Plugindata or type /bb nobar.
Unread 12-22-2010, 05:30 PM
The Undying

Updated above to new version.
Added a load of new features. /BB module to have a look.
To access settings unlock the UI and click on the big blue/red button.

Now contains;
  • Main module; Bars of any size and/or color, copy bars (just settings, not shortcuts), Name bars, Lock shortcuts etc.
  • Fader module; In/out of combat fading and mouseover fading.
  • Stance module; For those classes with meaningful stances - bars that appear only when in a certain stance
  • PopUps module; My pop-ups plugin now rolled in!
  • Runkeeper module; Bars that appear when at a certain level of attunement.

Again, this is all alpha quality - I find bugs daily. Please reprt any new ones either by PM or here.

Christmas approaches fast and after then it's back to work - so I will have to release soon, and when I get back to work it is unlikely any new modules will get released till my next holiday!

Last edited by MrJackdaw : 12-22-2010 at 06:01 PM.