lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 03-26-2008, 12:26 PM
The Wary

Are there any Quest Help type mods?

Are there any quest help mods? I am thinking something like Lightheaded, or QuestHelper that are used in WoW?

Also, are there any mods that will display map coordinates so you can find an X Y position on the map?

Thanks

Lukoi
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:41 PM
The Undying

LOTRO does not support mods in any way. We can only change the look of the UI not the functionality. (And we are limited in looks department as well.)
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
The Wary

Oh, too bad
Unread 12-23-2008, 06:06 AM
The Wary

Send a message via AIM to captainsfc Send a message via Yahoo to captainsfc
Unfortunately this will keep me from playing LOTRO. 10 million players can't be wrong
Unread 12-23-2008, 10:20 AM
The Undying

It isn't allowed currently and I doubt they'll allow it in the future. Quest logs are usually pretty informative but sometimes you need help finding the locations. I use two websites when I get lost. Hope this helps.

Dynamap

http://dynmap.ruslotro.com/eregion.html

MMODB

http://lotro.mmodb.com/quests/
Unread 12-23-2008, 06:45 PM
The Wary

Send a message via AIM to captainsfc Send a message via Yahoo to captainsfc
This may be but that nifty Quest Helper or Carbonite is pretty spiffy and a MAJOR time saver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonspeed
It isn't allowed currently and I doubt they'll allow it in the future. Quest logs are usually pretty informative but sometimes you need help finding the locations. I use two websites when I get lost. Hope this helps.

Dynamap

http://dynmap.ruslotro.com/eregion.html

MMODB

http://lotro.mmodb.com/quests/
Unread 12-26-2008, 08:25 AM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsfc
Unfortunately this will keep me from playing LOTRO. 10 million players can't be wrong
Kinda sad if that's the only reason you don't want to play LotRO.
If you just read the Quest Log, you can find your objective without having to have someone hold your hand.
Unread 09-05-2011, 10:57 PM
The Wary

Then Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB64
Kinda sad if that's the only reason you don't want to play LotRO.
If you just read the Quest Log, you can find your objective without having to have someone hold your hand.
To be honest, the game can still be enjoyed fully with the help of World of Warcraft type quest mods. The game designers have carefully designed the quests to flow in an order and tell a story. If having a quest mod allows you to follow the quest without having to pause, check maps, forget what you were doing, then I feel that you are getting the experience the developers, or at least the quest writers, intended.

Another point is that many people have several characters at max level, and really don't want to go through the leveling process again and again, so they put a quest tracker on, an arrow on the screen, and watch some movie marathons on their second monitor. End game anyone?

IMHO
Unread 09-05-2011, 11:02 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qpid
To be honest, the game can still be enjoyed fully with the help of World of Warcraft type quest mods. The game designers have carefully designed the quests to flow in an order and tell a story. If having a quest mod allows you to follow the quest without having to pause, check maps, forget what you were doing, then I feel that you are getting the experience the developers, or at least the quest writers, intended.

Another point is that many people have several characters at max level, and really don't want to go through the leveling process again and again, so they put a quest tracker on, an arrow on the screen, and watch some movie marathons on their second monitor. End game anyone?

IMHO
Honestly.

The gold farmers are doing it anyways, let the average player have access and take away the unfair advantage.
Unread 09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

although not quite the same as questhelper.. you can use Compendium combined with MoorMaps. One is a database of quest info's, with coordinates included. The other is a map addon that can show you location of those coordinates.