lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 06-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Plugin for Pips (Focus, Attunement, Fervor) ?

Is it possible to track these three (3) items in a plugin graphically? I have modified a UI that my wife and I both use and have gotten rid of the auto-attack indicator but left the pips display hanging in the same area. I would like to get rid of it and track these things with a plugin...

I have seen 1 hunter focus plugin but haven't seen champion fervor or runekeeper attunement...

Just curious if this was possible in the current LUA system?

Or...

Is it possible as a skinning (not Plugin) thing to make my own meter? So I could put it where I want it?

Thanks for the responses and answers to a somewhat confusing question. lol
Unread 06-29-2011, 10:30 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

It is possible for the champ fervour for sure. If I get some more time I would like to make one myself.

It is possible to skin the pip display, but it will still need to be associated to the main toolbar.
Unread 06-29-2011, 11:48 AM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
it's certainly possible with Lua - Palantir will have support for all three with the upcoming rewrite

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi
61 Onepointtwentyone Gigawatts

World of Warcraft
90 Downlo 85 Gravetaxi 85 Ümad 85 Artemedis 85 Guthuros
Unread 06-29-2011, 12:54 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia
it's certainly possible with Lua - Palantir will have support for all three with the upcoming rewrite
GOOD! I LOVE Palantir! My wife and I both use the heck out of it! Adding a nice looking Attunement, Fervor and Focus meter would ROCK! lol
Unread 06-29-2011, 03:20 PM
The Indomitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Utopia
Any thoughts when the rewrite is coming? Pre/Post Isengard?
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:03 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmiller83
Is it possible as a skinning (not Plugin) thing to make my own meter? So I could put it where I want it?
D.H1cks is right. It's possible to skin the focus, fervour and attunement (small one) bars but only as part of the toolbar. We're really limited on where we can place them (within the area of the toolbar). The large attunement bar can be fully skinned on its own. It can be placed wherever since it's not connected to the toolbar.

It sounds like you really want a LUA plugin though and I'm glad to hear one might be coming!
Unread 06-30-2011, 04:36 AM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Digital_Utopia Send a message via Yahoo to Digital_Utopia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker84
Any thoughts when the rewrite is coming? Pre/Post Isengard?
er...Isengard-ish

I'm planning for sometime before Isengard launch; how much before depends on how quickly I can finish Thelyn - a project that was promised well before Lua was introduced and one that I was finally able to start a month ago - when I finally was able to get an Android phone.

Once that's done, it's time to go back and finish up the XML UI library I started (which Palantir will use), and then starting on the rewrite proper.

Lord of the Rings Online
75 Fourohfour | 75 Artemedis | 60 Whiskeytango Foxtrot | 50 Mistah Boombastic | 56 Appetizer | 25 Aggromi

World of Warcraft
Unread 07-01-2011, 02:03 AM
The Indomitable

works for me
Unread 07-02-2011, 10:19 PM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmiller83
GOOD! I LOVE Palantir! My wife and I both use the heck out of it! Adding a nice looking Attunement, Fervor and Focus meter would ROCK! lol
I didn't mean to ignore your post I'm glad you like it, and I hope the next version will get it to that point where all that's left is literally waiting for Turbine to make more data available. When Turbine introduced support for these class meters, I realized quite quickly that adding support to the current version of Palantir would simply make things a mess. Not only would providing support for an additional bar be a painful experience on my end, but adding the necessary options to the Options Panel would just make it equally as painful for the player.

While the "class meters" are definitely going to be added, the main goals are to introduce the majority of suggestions and ideas I've had, and others have contributed throughout the last year, and more importantly, vastly increasing the flexibility and options in terms of bar placement and appearance. To better support the options for this flexibility, the Options Panel will be redesigned as well - making categories like color, text and display subcategories of the different bar types - instead of the other way around like it is now.

I'll be sure to post more information when I can get back to working on it again. Thanks again for the support!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker84
works for me
If, for whatever reason, it's not going to be completely ready for release by Isengard, there should at least be a beta version. I'd really prefer not to repeat what I did for v1, rush it out the door after just self testing, and have to release fixes on a nearly daily basis lol

The change log is a bit embarrassing

Lord of the Rings Online

World of Warcraft