lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 10-10-2010, 10:43 PM
The Undefeated

A couple Plugins I would like to see

Looking for a Gathering friendly plugin that if your selected "track" is not on your mini map and there is no blue arrow, it will cast out a scan and point you in the direction of the closest node of that type.

Also, a plugin like tonic bars but removes the original bar with 1-= and the LOTRO buttons

Thank you

DR
Unread 10-10-2010, 10:50 PM
The Undefeated
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry, wish we could accommodate you, but we can't do either of those with the API we currently have.

We can't effect the maps, or mini-map in any way. Let alone keep track of the current "target" that you have selected (like nodes). Turbine is trying to avoid any and all things that would be used for automation or that could negatively effect another player.

As to TonicBars (since I'm the author) it would REALLY be nice to remove the original bars that come with LOTRO, but we can't do that for you. You can use a Skin to make the graphics disappear (which is what I do) and then use the Options->Quickslots to turn off quickbars that I'm not using... (and turn on TonicBars to use those! :P only a small blatant plug! ) I asked for this in the Beta.

But the thing is that we need to prove to Turbine that this is a beneficial feature. It takes time for people to develop this API and it detracts from other aspects of the game. Keep in mind, this is the FIRST time LOTRO has offered an API for plugins... so, as they improve this interface, you will see a LOT more coming out, but give it a little time.
Unread 10-10-2010, 11:28 PM
The Undefeated

Cool Cool.

Thank you,
DR
Unread 10-11-2010, 04:30 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonsReign
Looking for a Gathering friendly plugin that if your selected "track" is not on your mini map and there is no blue arrow, it will cast out a scan and point you in the direction of the closest node of that type.
http://www.lotrointerface.com/forums...ead.php?t=1136
Unread 10-11-2010, 12:34 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearTonic
As to TonicBars (since I'm the author) it would REALLY be nice to remove the original bars that come with LOTRO, but we can't do that for you. You can use a Skin to make the graphics disappear (which is what I do) and then use the Options->Quickslots to turn off quickbars that I'm not using... (and turn on TonicBars to use those! :P only a small blatant plug! ) I asked for this in the Beta.
You forgot the other problem with providing a complete replacement for the default quickslots... turbine does not yet provide a way for plugins to use keybinds!

Unless you play 100% with mouse clicks, that will be a problem.
Unread 10-12-2010, 08:41 AM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearTonic
You can use a Skin to make the graphics disappear (which is what I do)
Any suggestions on a good skin?

Meo
Unread 11-02-2010, 02:09 PM
The Undefeated

Interesting info here.

I've wanted to do an action bar plugin, sort of like Dominos for WOW. Basically hide all the original UI elements then provide action bars, a bag bar, and another button bar for things like traits, etc. These would all be independent and not have any graphics attached, per se, so that they could be moved around at will and arranged in any manner the user wished. They could also then be resized and action bars could even have the option to "scroll" via hotkeys.

Given the limitations mentioned here though, it seems that such a piece of work is simply not possible yet, especially the lack of keybindings.

As far as skins that hide the action bar graphical elements, what skins do more experienced users recommend?

Also, again as a long time WOW user, I've considered developing something like Titan Panel or Fubar, a small thin bar that can sit along the top or bottom of the screen and act as a display agent for plugins that provide information, such as current gold totals, bag space, reputation gains per session, DPS, etc.

It took the WOW community several years but they ultimately agreed on the Lib Data Broker specification for such plugins, which then allowed for the creation of Lib Data Broker display agents that would provide the displays for those informational agents.
Unread 11-02-2010, 03:26 PM
The Undefeated

Oliner,
I use NUI: from http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...ginalv3.0.html

It's alright, I'm a minimalist and I still haven't found my perfect skin, but this does the job.

That along with *cough* TonicBars and I'm a very happy camper. :P Feel free to try it out and provide some feedback.
Unread 11-03-2010, 02:54 AM
The Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meodrid
Any suggestions on a good skin?

Meo
This is my favorite... It's very clean:

http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...erCleanUI.html