lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 06-07-2020, 08:02 PM
The Wary

Returning player LOTRO plugin Compendium not working?

I installed LOTRO through Steam and have attempted all of the solutions I can think of but no plugins load. I am pointing my directory correctly to documents/user/lord of the rings/plugins. I am not sure if it has something to do with Steam? If anyone could help I would appreciate it.
Unread 06-07-2020, 10:07 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm not sure where Steam puts the files, but you can find out:

Go into the game, right-click on the "General" tab in your chat window, and enable chat logging. In the chat window, it will show you where it's saving the log file. That's the same directory where the game is looking for the "Plugins" folder. Example:
Logging chat tab General to file C:\Users\username\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\General_20200607_1.txt
In Plugin Compendium, look under the "Configuration" tab and make sure the "Plugin Install Path" is the same. Example:
C:\Users\username\Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\Plugins

Last edited by Thurallor : 06-07-2020 at 10:16 PM.
Unread 06-08-2020, 01:26 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmadiel
documents/user/lord of the rings/plugins
That seems wrong, it should be Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online\plugins without user in the middle.

Steam uses the regular installer and just launches the game with a parameter.
Unread 12-13-2020, 05:30 AM
The Wary

Actually Steam has a separate client which I need to update separately (I have both installed on my pc). Oddly enough both clients seem to use the subfolder of the documents folder for storing user-specific data though. I've got the problem that the Steam client doesn't recognize my installed plugins anymore.
Unread 12-15-2020, 06:06 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskycritter
Actually Steam has a separate client which I need to update separately (I have both installed on my pc). Oddly enough both clients seem to use the subfolder of the documents folder for storing user-specific data though. I've got the problem that the Steam client doesn't recognize my installed plugins anymore.
What I meant with identical is that the software is identical, in your case it is just installed as two identical copies in different directories. I cannot think of any reasons to have the game installed multiple times though; the game as installed by Steam is identical to the one installed regularly, and LOTRO has the capability to run multiple times at once out of the box without needing to install it multiple times as well. You just have the hassle of having to update twice because of your install.

Now because they are the same, they access the same settings in the Documents subdirectory, that is not odd, that is by design.

Have you tried the steps as described above by Thurallor?
Unread 05-26-2021, 12:46 PM
The Wary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyoss
What I meant with identical is that the software is identical, in your case it is just installed as two identical copies in different directories. I cannot think of any reasons to have the game installed multiple times though; the game as installed by Steam is identical to the one installed regularly, and LOTRO has the capability to run multiple times at once out of the box without needing to install it multiple times as well. You just have the hassle of having to update twice because of your install.

Now because they are the same, they access the same settings in the Documents subdirectory, that is not odd, that is by design.

Have you tried the steps as described above by Thurallor?
Erm, I was not the one having a problem ... I just added my info to what was being written.