lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces (L)

Unread 11-03-2007, 09:26 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Aren UI 3.0

Hey Tash, have you tried to minimize the player portraits yet? I'm going to play around with it myself, but I was thinking of removing the faces altogether and creating either some sort of colored border or smaller icon system to indicate elites, masters, etc.

Given the minimalistic nature of Aren UI, this sort of change would fit perfect.
Unread 11-05-2007, 09:42 AM
The Wary

Send a message via ICQ to Tash Send a message via AIM to Tash Send a message via MSN to Tash
You can't get rid of the portraits, unfortunately. IIRC when you turn them off in options it places a static image of a tree where the character portrait used to be. Also, I tried creating different icons for all tiers of mobs, but unfortunately everything above elite masters use the generic tier 0 (regular mob) border, rather than something that can be modified. I put in the images there regardless in hopes that this changes someday, but for the time being the ball is in Turbine's court.
Unread 11-05-2007, 11:53 AM
The Undying

Arrow

Well you can actually get rid of the portraits, check My Yessh UI and the skinless mod.

Even you can have a look at Hollywood manual that used my mod to make a neat layout.

Hope that helps
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
The Wary

Send a message via ICQ to Tash Send a message via AIM to Tash Send a message via MSN to Tash
Ah, interesting. I looked at your mod earlier and it actually helped me when making v3 of my mod (thanks!!), but I guess I missed the part that got rid of the portraits. I'll have a second look when I get home.
Unread 11-06-2007, 02:52 AM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deewe
Well you can actually get rid of the portraits, check My Yessh UI and the skinless mod.

Even you can have a look at Hollywood manual that used my mod to make a neat layout.

Hope that helps
deewe, I just looked over your file for the skinless vitals. All you needed was "invisible" tgas to get it to work? I was afraid that you would have to use the more advanced code for moving the elements around which have been causing problems for me when going between windowed and full screen mode (unless that has been fixed with book 11).

If that's the case, I think we could just create "smaller" graphics instead of invisible tgas to relate the magnitude of the enemy while minimizing the screen space it takes up. Hell you could even just make the icons pure text using a small font to do it, or small colored icons (like orbs, a multicolored tri-force symbol, or something to that effect).

Once i get my desktop working again I will be playing around with this.
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:46 AM
The Undying

Moved UI elements DO screw up when going into windowed mode.
Unread 11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
The Undying

Aalwein,

You need to replace the image used for no 3d portraits option with an invisible one. Means you have to deselect the 3d portrait option.
Also you can either do the same for the vitals skins or use a small layout around the bars only.

The only thing you should keep is the level background as you can't move it around.

It's been long time since I put my hands on the UI so might be better for you to check my stuff
Unread 11-06-2007, 10:13 PM
GM, Scarlet Underground
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleitanious
Moved UI elements DO screw up when going into windowed mode.
This is why i have stopped using my old ui that had a larger than normal letterbox bar. Being able to toss invisible tga (or smaller, less obtrusive) images will really be great. I'll definitely be tossing around some ideas when I get my photoshop machine working again (or if I play around with GiMP). Unless Tash beats me to something that works well.