lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Requests (L)

Unread 06-24-2007, 12:36 PM
The Unscathed

dual screen help

Hi all, i am a dual screen user and i wondered if theyres a way to resize the graphical part of the screen..

For example i want to put my entire gameworld on my left monitor in
1024X768 mode and have my seconds monitor in 1024X768 mode blank.

I then want to move custom UI elements to my second monitor (such as deeds menu), chat windows and have my map open up on it etc.

My question is, is it possible to move my gameworld to one monitor? if so how?
and if not why not? :P

Thanks for your time
Unread 06-24-2007, 04:04 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I'm quite sure, that it won't work. I guess, that an application has to support multimonitoring (it has to recognize the second monitor). Otherweise you can only stretch the application to fit two or more screens. I'd surpised, if LOTRO would offer this feature.

But one solution might work in the near future. It might be possible to stretch the resolution to fit both screens. And soon it should be possible to place UI-elements everywhere you like. But theres still a big problem: How can the viewport be centered on one screen?
Unread 06-24-2007, 06:43 PM
The Unscathed

oh i can stretch across monitors already.

have no probs (set my ati dual screen to stretch mode)

what im trying to do is to basically move my game screen onto one monitor and have the other black.

(stretch my screen to 1024 X 1536)
move my "world" to 1024 X 768 (half the stretched screen) and have the blackness on my second monitor where i can put custom ui components.
Unread 06-24-2007, 08:42 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

There is a program you can d/l off the web called Ultra Mon... There maybe many others but once installed it will treat your monitors as:

1. 1 Large monitor
2. 1 active monitor the other is a mirror of the first
3. 2 totally independent monitors.. which should allow you do do what you are wanting. As long as your vid card will allow each monitor to be run under its own resolution.
Unread 06-25-2007, 03:21 AM
The Unscathed

Thats not what im trying to do.

i can already stretch my screen onto dual montiors.

I will get some screenshots of what im trying to do to explain better when i get home.
Unread 06-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Ahh ok. I don't know of a way you can do that. Don't think its even possible. I believe the UI elements would have to stay inside the active window for the game and to do what you are wanting would go outside that.

Maybe I am wrong and that would be great. I would love to be able to have my monitors clear of 90% of the UI stuff and just focus on the hunt
Unread 06-25-2007, 07:10 AM
The Unscathed

i still want all the ui elements in the active window stretched onto another monitor (black background or transparant if possible)
Unread 06-25-2007, 10:55 AM
The Wary

Dual Monitors not anytime soon :(

Until we have an add-on application environment it would be probably impossible. I myself have dual monitors (dual 23" 1920x1200) om my Intel Mac Pro. The only way I was able to do it was in WoW, where I used Visor, a program that allowed you to set the window that is the rendered inside the "active" window, I could set the active window to the 2840x1200 and the rendered window to 1920x1200 and shifted to the right, All my other windows extra bars etc were outside the visible rendered space..
Unread 06-25-2007, 11:08 AM
The Unscathed

hope it is possible, im only trying to manipulate one window (width / 2 )
WoW did allow me to do this using an addon that worked much like the assetids, only it had one for the renderwindow, so it could be halfed (placed onto one screen)

as for how to use dual monitors i use catalyst to stretch a single display onto 2 monitors.

LOTRO works like this, only my player is half one screen, half the other.

Using the displays smarter would be the whole aim of this task..

someone please tell me about assetid screenX , screenY and il love ya!
Unread 06-27-2007, 02:05 PM
The Wary

So pretty much you will have say 2 screens at 1024x768 each(just example #s)

The game would be 2048x768, but the right half you want a ui object that is completely black, so you only see one half of your screen, and on the left you would put all the objects, on the right you'd put chat.

one issue with this, unless you are playing first person, your character will be in half, and not seeing half the screen is bad imo.

A better way to do this is perhaps to set up the screens at 1024x1536 and have all that chat stuff on the bottom