lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > Interface Downloads Discussion > Released Interfaces (L)

Unread 05-13-2012, 10:43 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

KillTracker feedback

Well, I'm crushed - KillTracker just got knocked down to 4 stars, despite what I thought was a pretty nice update...

Seriously though, I'd love to hear anyone's feedback. What I can do is obviously limited by the API, so if the criticism is due to those limitations all I can do is shrug and cry "best effort", but if there are improvements I could make I'd love to hear about them.

I obviously can't recreate history, so for most of you with purely high-level characters this won't be of any interest. Nothing I can do about that - not the target audience.

I also realize that for most support classes, at least for players that mostly group, not capturing fellowship/raid kills makes it fairly useless. I could do something rudimentary along those lines, but as the API is now, I can't guarantee very good accuracy and so stayed away from it. If that level of quality is acceptable, I'd be willing to add it though...just don't want to waste my time.

Are these the chief complaints, or is it not working for people? Is it missing kills that it is supposed to capture?

Any feedback would be appreciated!
Unread 05-14-2012, 02:12 PM
The Undying

I know I'm still missing some text to make Sticky Gourds work, if anyone can grab them for me. I need examples of both the hit and kill messages from the respective chat channels for them. For bonus points, I need those same lines in French and German as well.

They should look something like:
...scored a hit with Sticky Gourd Damage on X...
The Sticky Gourd defeated X.
Are there any other devices in the game similar to Traps and Sticky Gourds? I need to know about anything other than players, pets, soldiers, NPCs and enemies that shows up in the kill message as the attacker, as with Sticky Gourds above.
Unread 05-15-2012, 03:10 AM
The Undying

Burglar caltrops, maybe? I don't know - I never use them.
Unread 05-15-2012, 08:41 AM
The Undying

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius92
Burglar caltrops, maybe? I don't know - I never use them.
Hmmm, right...I've never used them either, but I do have a level 20 burg. I'll see if I can find some and give it a try. Thanks!

EDIT: Interestingly, unlike traps (and sticky gourds, I believe), it appears caltrops kills show up as direct player kills - "Your mighty blow defeated...". I think it's because the initial caltrops "hit" doesn't actually do any damage, it's the bleed effect that does the damage, which is then credited to the player, not the device. So, at least as far as my testing shows, that's one less special case to worry about.

Last edited by K1R4D3L : 05-15-2012 at 11:19 AM.