lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 01-17-2011, 04:46 PM
The Undefeated

Error with Lotro Launcher...

Hi guys, I have a nagging issue with Lotro upon launching. I get an error message that says "error in XML document 1,<insert number here>" with a retry every 11 seconds.
If I close the launcher and retry a couple times it loads as proper and I can launch the game.
I have your mods loaded and ingame they work flawlessly, but I'm wondering if the launcher error is related to mods?
I ran the Lotro defrag tool, but that didn't fix it.
Any ideas would be appreciated.
Rhime
Unread 01-18-2011, 07:46 AM
The Undying

Send a message via MSN to Kalex
The problem you are having is with the launcher itself. Skins aren't loaded until the game loads and you log in a character. Plugins have to be manually loaded after your character is logged in. Neither skins nor plugins mod the launcher.

It almost sounds like something is interferring with the launcher talking to the login server (firewall, flaky internet connection, etc.).
Unread 10-10-2012, 12:21 PM
The Wary

I foundout a way around this and figured it was worth posting for frustrated people. I run HCLOTROLoader out of the Happy Cloud directory and it works every time for me. i think the problem is that happy cloud isn't running when it's try to start the launcher