lotrointerface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   LoTROInterface > LotRO > General Discussion & Support > Interface Help (L)

Unread 10-17-2011, 09:49 PM
The Wary

Need Help with UI Layouts

Hello!

Although I'm sure there is a post somewhere on this, I'm afraid I wasn't able to find it. I'm needing help with loading layouts - particularly for Daimon's UI.

I read in the readme.txt that "5.3.1 Layouts *TEMPORARELY UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME*" So I figured my problem was just that the layouts weren't available for this interface in particular.

I tried two other UI's (LMDurin'sFolkRevisited and EclipseUI), and my layout is just a mess.

I have relogged / relaunched the game after loading all skins without any of the UI's layouts working properly.

I typed in the /UI LAYOUT LOAD DMN\1680x1050 for the Daimon's UI, and nothing happened.

The -entire- reason why I wanted to download a skin is because I hate having my UI being an enormous cluttered mess as it is with default. So not being able to replicate these skins screenshots defeats the entire purpose of downloading any of these for me.

Please if anyone could help, I would sincerely appreciate it.

P.S. I've followed the youtube tutorial - still having the same problem

UI as it is now... CLICK

*UPDATE*

I just ended up doing it manually - *insert sobbing here*

I would still like to know if there are any layouts available though - if not, then I don't mean to clutter up this forum and totally don't mind having this deleted. Thank you!

Last edited by LittleIre24 : 10-18-2011 at 12:01 AM.
Unread 10-18-2011, 02:00 AM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Hi.

Once you set it up the UI yourself you don't have to do it again with your other toons. That's the purpose of layouts.

You just unlock your UI, move things around a bit and locate stuff where you want them. Then type /ui layout save temp ("temp" is just an example, you can use whatever name you wish) and you have your layout saved. When you log another of your characters type /ui layout load temp and you're done.

The reason why I removed the pre-made layouts from my skin is that they save a lot of information that should not be there and might totally mess up ones UI (starting with chat text colours for example). Also it isn't enough I make a layout just for the resolution I'm using myself (1920x1080) but I have to do layouts for like 20 different other resolutions out there and manually edit them after. So you can imagine it's a lot of work and I just haven't had the time for it.

I might add them at some point again but before that I have to figure out how to make the editing more efficient, I don't want to make new layouts every time I update my skin.
Unread 10-19-2011, 12:25 PM
The Wary

Hey Daimon, great job on the UI btw

Thank you so much for responding. This is very informative, and I have to admit of my own ignorance in just how much has to go into the layouts (chat settings, etc).

Although fixing the layouts is an absolute pain for a new player (since I have no idea what the majority of these layouts do), after I finally fixed a temp for myself it wasn't so bad.

Just a quick suggestion: I think uploading a screenshot of the panels unlocked (Ctrl+\ or Ctrl+#) at least would be very helpful. I understand everyone's layout is their own personal preference, but showing an example of the selected skin's layout couldn't hurt.
Unread 10-19-2011, 12:39 PM
The Undying
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Cheers.

For the suggestion I agree. That's why I have such a screenshot on my download page